Super Cold = DRIVING ME CRAZY INSIDE!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Well it is really cold (as you all know!). It is -39 with the windchill here right now, so that means the High Octane Twins refuse to go outside for more than 3 seconds (not that I want them out longer!). As a result, they are tearing around the house making me MENTAL! They are in to everything, getting into mischief, tag-teaming me ("Let's play Hey Mom, Look what we have!!! Come catch us!!!" my shoes, boots, rugs, anything NOT a dog toy), and refusing to be calm and nice.
I know they are just over a year and half, but they are worse than bored children, I swear!!

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!

And why yes, that is a duvet on top of the couch, with the ottoman pushed close to make a big bed for them. What's weird about that? :crazy:
Couch Play.JPG

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hmmmmm? I just had to wake HRH up and drag her, kicking and screaming, outside to go poo. LOL She thanked me by kicking the poo all over the brick patio... now wont that be fun to get up once it freezes.. :laugh:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
We are going stir crazy also. Jameson just whines and whines then sleeps...which then he doenst sleep well at night...saturday it is camp bowwow full day cause mama needs a break

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
The twins are adorable but holy cow, two - I can't imagine. Looks like Mom is going to have to catch em if you can....tire those rascals out.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I can't imagine -39 weather... It's 48 degrees here in Florida and we're VERY VERY COLD. The dogs would go to do their business and come running back inside. I don't know what they would do at below freezing temps! I've been throwing the fetch toy up the stairs to get all the pent up energy of my 1-year-old bully out of his system by running up and down the stairs. Last week was in the mid 70's which was really nice.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
When it is cold like that your house becomes a doggie gym. Just look forward to when the wrecking crew can play outside again!

[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] I think our Bulldogs who live in cold country grow thicker fur. Ruggles doesn't ever shiver when it is 18 to 20 degrees outside!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I have a few suggestions.....

1) Make friends with the neighborhood children and then pay one of them $5 to take them for a
quick walk around the block....

2) Tie them to a tread mill while you watch TV...

3) LaseR light pens are great.!

4) when all else fails, Benadryl, Benadryl , Benadryl ... :tongue:

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I have a few suggestions.....

1) Make friends with the neighborhood children and then pay one of them $5 to take them for a
quick walk around the block....

2) Tie them to a tread mill while you watch TV...

3) LaseR light pens are great.!

4) when all else fails, Benadryl, Benadryl , Benadryl ... .

that is awesome
:rofl:

Most Reactions