Good alternative for the plastic neck collar

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy has been using the neck donut since she was spayed on Monday and I loved it. I didn't want to take any chances because she can reach the cut so we purchase a more expensive neck collar but it is so much more comfortable that she seems to like it! :) I will post a picture of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 157

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Never seen one of those before. How much does it weigh? I have a soft ecoller that flexes that I use. I'd never use the plastic ones again. I read a while back of someone's bully dieing because it got stuck and ended up suffercating in it.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad that works for Izzy. And she even looks very cute it it!

We tried one for HRH when she had her hernia repair and the cone from the vet was a bust, but she didn't like that either. We ended up just watching her closely, and she never did try to lick the area so we returned it.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
That's great! I've never seen them, but looking at it I bet a pool tube would do the trick too.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Never seen one of those before. How much does it weigh? I have a soft ecoller that flexes that I use. I'd never use the plastic ones again. I read a while back of someone's bully dieing because it got stuck and ended up suffercating in it.

Exactly, I did not feel comfotable leaving her in her crate all day with the plastic one. This collar is very light, it reminds me of the floating things we use in kids! I got it at Petco and you can inflate and deflate it so accomodate your dog's needs.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hows her recovery going?

She is doing good for the most part, just last night she seemed to be very hot, panting for the first time, not sure if it was the side effects of the pain medication or just her having too much energy. I checked the cut and it seems to be healing fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't use the collars at all, but that one looks good.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It looks like she got her head caught in a donut hole! Too funny. But it does look way more comfy than those huge plastic cones.
Glad to hear the cutie's healing up nicely.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
She is doing good for the most part, just last night she seemed to be very hot, panting for the first time, not sure if it was the side effects of the pain medication or just her having too much energy. I checked the cut and it seems to be healing fine.

Glad to hear, she'll be her normal self again before you know it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Looks like a hemorrhoid pillow! LOL Years ago when we had our rabbit neutered..the vet made him a collar out of another critters Xrays! Worked great!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have yet to have a reason to try that collar, glad you like it! I have used the soft cone for Miila and liked that but it didn't protect her eyes and she had cherry eye surgery.lol

seernod

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry and Frenchie named Willow
Wel Willow goes in tommorrow for her spay . Might have to make trip to pet smart. Sure am nervous about it.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
We tried the tube on Joy. It worked great until she tore it up running, repeatedly, through the bushes while playing. If they are a mostly on the couch pooch I would highly recommend them. Much more comfortable than the cone. Especially for your shin bones when they bang into them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.