Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default How Cold is Too Cold?

Hi,

Since the temp. is getting super cold in Chicago I was wondering how everyone's bullies tolerate the cold weather and what you do to keep them warm? Brock has a little jacket from petco (and a hoodie from plus size pups on the way) but he darts in the house right after he pees and getting him to poop in just the 10's was difficult so I'm assuming negative wind chills is not going to be any better

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

It's funny I can't get my girl in when it's cold she LOVES the cold she wants to go out n just sit on the porch n watch the trees n it's lingering around 0 here supposed to be below tomorrow night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How Cold is Too Cold?

Hi! We live in the north Chicago area and the plus side, for me anyway, is that I didn't have to chase them inside this morning. They ran right back inside on their own! They seem to do ok, we even bundled up yesterday and took them outside to play for about 25 minutes. Cleo just loved it, she was laying on the cold ground eating her stick and chasing it around when we threw it. She really needs to lose 5lbs so I took her our regardless. Besides, they tolerate the cold much better than the heat right? Do you live in the city of Chicago or a surrounding area?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kyle
    Likes (Received)

Kyle hates the snow/cold, but if there is a tennis ball involved, he'll stay out long enough to get some exercise/work a poop out. Ha.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Mila and Rudy don't like the cold so much. Not that the 30 degree nights, here in San Jose Ca, are cold compared to Chicago and other parts of the country. They are perfectly happy sunning on the deck when it is 90 degrees. I have to walk Mila out on a leash, when it is cold, to get her to go potty.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

I live in Wisconsin and it was -8 this morning....but closer to -20 with the windchill! I put Tonka in a fleece jacket and he usually pees right away and then seems to know it's cold and doesn't mess around. Often we wait until the last minute before taking him out so we know he will go right away (we know his schedule pretty well haha). Otherwise I keep him moving when we are outside. Running them around a little first inside or outside for a minute can "get things moving" and get them to go a little faster. Otherwise I just take him inside and try again in a little while. I know it's urgent he will let me know. Stay warm!!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

In Milwaukee this morning.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

@babybully @Cuddles116 Im downtown Chicago are you guys also in the city? Do you guys ever fo to the bully meet ups? Its amazing the lack of bullys in the metro chicago area. There are soooo many labs and golden retrievers, heck ineven see more great danes than bulldogs. I never understood how any of those breeds were good for highrise condo living. Anyway my girl has been hating this cold and only stay out for about 5 mins does her business and drags me in. She just outgrew her hoodie so I have to order her something new. Local stores don't seem to cary much to accommodate the broad bully chest.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post

In Milwaukee this morning.
    What a chuckle that gave me. Thanks for posting. She sure is a royalty.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Otis LOVES being outside period - cold/hot it doesnt matter. Every night we go out and run around in the snow - round and round the house we go. I bought this jacket and it arrived yesterday -otis-jacket-jpg and when we went out he didn't run a bit - took it off and voom like a bullet he was off. I'm in Maine and the temps have been great here up until yesterday so tonight will try the jacket again and see how it goes. Sounds like from the comments it is some bullies like and some bullies dont.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Alaskasmom1

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    @babybully @Cuddles116 Im downtown Chicago are you guys also in the city? Do you guys ever fo to the bully meet ups? Its amazing the lack of bullys in the metro chicago area. There are soooo many labs and golden retrievers, heck ineven see more great danes than bulldogs. I never understood how any of those breeds were good for highrise condo living. Anyway my girl has been hating this cold and only stay out for about 5 mins does her business and drags me in. She just outgrew her hoodie so I have to order her something new. Local stores don't seem to cary much to accommodate the broad bully chest.
    Hey, if you can sew at all, I have a solution. I buy clearance items for children. My bullies weigh around 60lbs. I buy size 10-12 shirts. I cut sleeves off if they have cuffs right at the cuff. Next make sleeve length as you want it allowing room for reseeding the cull on. I hem the shirt length so they don't pee on the bottom of the shirt. This can all be done with a needle and thread. Here are some examples. I even made a one zee out of a green Hello Kitty shirt with a tshirt and three large sew in snaps to keep Panti Liners on her during her heat cycle. If you attempt this and have problems call me or message me and I can help you.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358871678-418862-jpg
    Can't remove her Panti liners or diapers.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358871727-340118-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1358871779-394407-jpg
    Tank ready for bye bye
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871829.219862.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  10.1 KB
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1358871971-042860-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358872052-810542-jpg

Alaskasmom1

Re sewing the cuff (auto text not my friend nor is proof reading)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads