Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Hi,

Since the temp. is getting super cold in Chicago I was wondering how everyone's bullies tolerate the cold weather and what you do to keep them warm? Brock has a little jacket from petco (and a hoodie from plus size pups on the way) but he darts in the house right after he pees and getting him to poop in just the 10's was difficult so I'm assuming negative wind chills is not going to be any better :nope:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It's funny I can't get my girl in when it's cold she LOVES the cold she wants to go out n just sit on the porch n watch the trees n it's lingering around 0 here supposed to be below tomorrow night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Hi! We live in the north Chicago area and the plus side, for me anyway, is that I didn't have to chase them inside this morning. They ran right back inside on their own! They seem to do ok, we even bundled up yesterday and took them outside to play for about 25 minutes. Cleo just loved it, she was laying on the cold ground eating her stick and chasing it around when we threw it. She really needs to lose 5lbs so I took her our regardless. Besides, they tolerate the cold much better than the heat right? Do you live in the city of Chicago or a surrounding area?

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
Kyle hates the snow/cold, but if there is a tennis ball involved, he'll stay out long enough to get some exercise/work a poop out. Ha.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Mila and Rudy don't like the cold so much. Not that the 30 degree nights, here in San Jose Ca, are cold compared to Chicago and other parts of the country. They are perfectly happy sunning on the deck when it is 90 degrees. I have to walk Mila out on a leash, when it is cold, to get her to go potty.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I live in Wisconsin and it was -8 this morning....but closer to -20 with the windchill! I put Tonka in a fleece jacket and he usually pees right away and then seems to know it's cold and doesn't mess around. Often we wait until the last minute before taking him out so we know he will go right away (we know his schedule pretty well haha). Otherwise I keep him moving when we are outside. Running them around a little first inside or outside for a minute can "get things moving" and get them to go a little faster. Otherwise I just take him inside and try again in a little while. I know it's urgent he will let me know. :) Stay warm!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

In Milwaukee this morning.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2488]babybully[/MENTION] [MENTION=7828]Cuddles116[/MENTION] Im downtown Chicago are you guys also in the city? Do you guys ever fo to the bully meet ups? Its amazing the lack of bullys in the metro chicago area. There are soooo many labs and golden retrievers, heck ineven see more great danes than bulldogs. I never understood how any of those breeds were good for highrise condo living. Anyway my girl has been hating this cold and only stay out for about 5 mins does her business and drags me in. She just outgrew her hoodie so I have to order her something new. Local stores don't seem to cary much to accommodate the broad bully chest.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis LOVES being outside period - cold/hot it doesnt matter. Every night we go out and run around in the snow - round and round the house we go. I bought this jacket and it arrived yesterday Otis in his new jacket.jpg and when we went out he didn't run a bit - took it off and voom like a bullet he was off. I'm in Maine and the temps have been great here up until yesterday so tonight will try the jacket again and see how it goes. Sounds like from the comments it is some bullies like and some bullies dont.

A

Alaskasmom1

[MENTION=2488]babybully[/MENTION] [MENTION=7828]Cuddles116[/MENTION] Im downtown Chicago are you guys also in the city? Do you guys ever fo to the bully meet ups? Its amazing the lack of bullys in the metro chicago area. There are soooo many labs and golden retrievers, heck ineven see more great danes than bulldogs. I never understood how any of those breeds were good for highrise condo living. Anyway my girl has been hating this cold and only stay out for about 5 mins does her business and drags me in. She just outgrew her hoodie so I have to order her something new. Local stores don't seem to cary much to accommodate the broad bully chest.

Hey, if you can sew at all, I have a solution. I buy clearance items for children. My bullies weigh around 60lbs. I buy size 10-12 shirts. I cut sleeves off if they have cuffs right at the cuff. Next make sleeve length as you want it allowing room for reseeding the cull on. I hem the shirt length so they don't pee on the bottom of the shirt. This can all be done with a needle and thread. Here are some examples. I even made a one zee out of a green Hello Kitty shirt with a tshirt and three large sew in snaps to keep Panti Liners on her during her heat cycle. If you attempt this and have problems call me or message me and I can help you.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871678.418862.jpg
Can't remove her Panti liners or diapers.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871727.340118.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871779.394407.jpg
Tank ready for bye bye
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871829.219862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358871971.042860.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358872052.810542.jpg

A

Alaskasmom1

Re sewing the cuff (auto text not my friend nor is proof reading)

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Hmm if WI bullies can do it my baby is going to have to suck it up, or put on a little more meat, whichever happens first. He actually likes heat more than being cold he lays on the oven broiler door while I'm baking -.-

[MENTION=2488]babybully[/MENTION] [MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] I am actually in Harwood Heights, it's right on the city border near Norridge. There is a Petco in the area that I've seen a french bullie at but have yet to see any other EBD. I will definitely introduce myself to the CEBR and CEB meetup groups once Brock finishes the last of his vet stuff (just rabies to go yayay!) so he can indugle in meeting and greeting (one of his favorite things in the world lol, he's the first dog I've had that runs to the vet because they give him so much love =)

I LOVE those little shirts [MENTION=4278]Alaskasmom1[/MENTION]! I haven't started sewing for Brock yet cause he's growing like a big weed, he's gone through THREE petco coats in the 8 weeks I've had him and by the time I actually do the project he's going to have outgrown it lol I'm waiting for that 1 year marker when he's going to be pretty stable growth wise before I start getting all crafty. Has it worked out to be cheaper making your own then getting the few options that end up actually fitting the bully build or is it breaking up to be about the same?

A

Alaskasmom1

I usually buy stuff on clearance for 2.00 or so. Much cheaper! Also good will and yard sales are really a good deal. Ton has a sweater made from the sleeve of a human adult sweater that he's just now fitting into. I'm horrible at sewing and if I can do this anyone can. I was paying upwards of 35.00 for hoodies for Tank before this and that's if I could find a good fit for him. Just keep trying the shirts I toil one fits the shoulders. Then alter the other parts. Good luck!!! God Bless!!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] No, not in the city but towards the north. I live on the Navy base here in Great Lakes but it doesn't take very long to get to the city when we go. I did go to a meet up in the city a couple months ago but decided to join the Milwaukee group since it's the same distance from me anyway. Hopefully they'll be one soon that we can go to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.