Jennifer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How Cold is Too Cold?

Hmm if WI bullies can do it my baby is going to have to suck it up, or put on a little more meat, whichever happens first. He actually likes heat more than being cold he lays on the oven broiler door while I'm baking -.-

@babybully @Scueva I am actually in Harwood Heights, it's right on the city border near Norridge. There is a Petco in the area that I've seen a french bullie at but have yet to see any other EBD. I will definitely introduce myself to the CEBR and CEB meetup groups once Brock finishes the last of his vet stuff (just rabies to go yayay!) so he can indugle in meeting and greeting (one of his favorite things in the world lol, he's the first dog I've had that runs to the vet because they give him so much love =)

I LOVE those little shirts @Alaskasmom1! I haven't started sewing for Brock yet cause he's growing like a big weed, he's gone through THREE petco coats in the 8 weeks I've had him and by the time I actually do the project he's going to have outgrown it lol I'm waiting for that 1 year marker when he's going to be pretty stable growth wise before I start getting all crafty. Has it worked out to be cheaper making your own then getting the few options that end up actually fitting the bully build or is it breaking up to be about the same?

Alaskasmom1

I usually buy stuff on clearance for 2.00 or so. Much cheaper! Also good will and yard sales are really a good deal. Ton has a sweater made from the sleeve of a human adult sweater that he's just now fitting into. I'm horrible at sewing and if I can do this anyone can. I was paying upwards of 35.00 for hoodies for Tank before this and that's if I could find a good fit for him. Just keep trying the shirts I toil one fits the shoulders. Then alter the other parts. Good luck!!! God Bless!!!

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

@Scueva No, not in the city but towards the north. I live on the Navy base here in Great Lakes but it doesn't take very long to get to the city when we go. I did go to a meet up in the city a couple months ago but decided to join the Milwaukee group since it's the same distance from me anyway. Hopefully they'll be one soon that we can go to.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

its not as cold here in va bout 20 or so but sarah loves to be outside in it. we have videos of her running around in the snow. she was outside earlier just sitting out there smelling the air. some bullies like it some dont.

Real Name
    JB
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Our Wisconsin bully loves his walks so much he braves the cold for a walk with one of us.... But he doesn't like to go out alone in the back yard in the bitter cold unless our neighbors dog is also out, lol. During his walks He usually tells us when he wants to go home by turning around or by suddenly walking reallllllly fast lol. He loves the snow! We are moving to Los Angeles in 60 days so this may be his last winter.
    Brutus!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Banks will stay out ALL day if we let her,,,, she loves the snow and the cold does not seem to bother her at all. Chelios, our Frenchie, he is like Princess Grace... i am out , do my business, and right back in the house. Infact, I have to carry him out in the morning cause he does not like it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads