brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] thank you! :)
You both are too sweet!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
5'2'', eh? I'm just glad that I'm taller than someone else on the interwebs. :2thumbs:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Good luck in your search.

Reading through your story it really does sound as if he came from a puppy mill. :down:

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
@kazzy thank you! Yes, sadly I believe he did. No matter where he originally came from, he means the world to me and I'm glad I got him away from the life he had with the previous owner.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Thought I would update on my situation with the breeders. When I spoke with her she told me she would send the pictures "tomorrow" which would have been wednesday the 22nd and I still haven't gotten anything. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days incase they were busy or a technology error happened or something along those lines. So I called them yesterday just incase it was never delivered, or it was send to the wrong phone number, or just simply a glitch. I informed her who I was and told her I never received pictures and wanted to let her know that incase she really sent them and I just didn't get the message. She told me she was busy and hadn't had the time yet and I told her I understood I just was checking in on it all. She then replied with "Plus its too cold outside!" and my reply was a laugh because I thought she was kidding around or making small talk. Then she said "we keep our dogs in a separate building and it's been too cold to walk there so you're just gonna have to be patient and wait!" I just simply said ok and hung up. (I didn't want to be too rude because I still hope to get pictures one day, although thats unlikely.) I understand keeping the dogs in a separating housing area, but how are these dogs being cared for if its "too cold" for one of them to simply take a picture?!?!? Is it "too cold" to go feed and care for them? "Too cold" to let them outside for a walk and go to the bathroom? and the separate housing should have an AC/heater unit for the well-being of the dogs so why is the quick walk there such a big deal, unless the housing the dogs are kept in doesn't have proper temperature controls? Am I overreacting or should I be concerned with the health of these dogs? Theres probably nothing I can do anyways if their health is jeopardized seeing as I'm in another state, but it still worries me that these dogs may not be cared for.
Sorry for the vent/rant, just had to get it out!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I would think that you could still make an anonymous phone call to their local animal control to complain about poor living conditions of the animals. A google search of the phone number can tell you what county they are in and you can likely find the name of a local animal control from there.

If the dogs are in a separate building, it definitely sounds like a BYB or puppy mill. At least you gave one of them a better life than he "could" have had. :yes:

Members online

No members online now.