AKC website help... So confusing.

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I bought my EB from a girl who could no longer keep him when he was around 4 months (she kept him kenneled all day and night he even went to the bathroom there!!) she gave me his papers, vet documents, etc. His AKC papers have the sire and dams info and the breeders name but no contact info. He was cryptorchid, which is a genetic trait where only one or neither of the testicles descend, and I wanted to inform the breeder of this, seeing as she's breeding these dogs with a serious health issue. After a lot of searching and help from a famiy member who breeds labs I found the phone number to the breeder, in Arkansas, I live in Texas and so did the girl I got my bully from so I don't know how exactly he got here. I called and informed them and they seemed to not even know what cryptorchidism was and had no concern to discuss it. I did not want anything from her, just to simply inform her that her dog may carry this gene. Now my bully is growing up, he is 10 months now, and I am really interested in what his parents look like. Does anyone know a way to look this up or see any info on them without contacting the breeder? I would contact the breeder, only I don't think they would actually follow through with sending me pictures or info. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Did you try to google the sire and dames names like are printed on the akc papers? You might get lucky. Hopefully something comes up.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I will tag a couple people who might help you..but a lot of Bully's have bits that don't drop right away. Jake had one that didn't drop until he was about 10 months old. We also had a mixed breed rescue who only had one ever..we rescued him when he was appx. 3 years old and when neutered, he only had one.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]...[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] yeah I did, and no luck unfortunately. I thought I would find something but this guy is just hard to find!!
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] yeah, I waited until around 9 months to neuter him incase it would take some time, because I wanted to show him. But when he was neutered the vet said it was all the way up there, and hadn't even started its journey down yet. She had no hope that it would have ever dropped after seeing how far up it was. And wow, never had the other at all? And I'm glad jakes other dropped, 10 months seems like such a long time! I know the few months I was waiting impatietly I was always checking to see if it dropped lol. And thank you for tagging some helpful people :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You have his papers, go to AKC site and enter your puppy's serial # if he's registared the lineage should come up.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
He is registered, but all that comes up is his sire and dams #'s and when I look those up in the search bar I get nothing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I really don't know how you can get photos other than calling him, if the original owners found him on the Internet (since he is not local) maybe call the original owners to see what the website is or their breeder name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] yeah that's just what I might have to do, I have the breeders name and all I find on him is a complaint (not thru AKC) for a yorkie bought at a petstore.. and I've concluded he is a BYB or worse which is why I've had so many problems locating information. The girl I got him from is just as bad as the breeder, if not worse. I'm going to contact both of them again today and try to get them both to send me pictures or information. Thank you for the help!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's about the only way you can get info on the sire and dam as far as pics go. Sounds like the breeder is a puppy mill unfortunately.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] yeah sounds like it to me too, which is what I was afraid of. I really just wanted to see how big the parents were, I don't feel like my bully is as big as any of the others I've seen at his age.

The girl I bought him from got him from some sort of puppy sale and had no info.
After searching all morning I finally got a real contact number for the breeder and they actually picked up. And said he would send pictures tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crosses.
So another question, she told me that the father has many champions in his lineage. I know many many say this and often it's a lie which is what I half expect in this case.
I know lookup is easier for the actual championship dog, but if he does have any champions in his lineage would it make him any easier to find?
I apologize if my questions sound a little dumb lol, it's all just so confusing to me.
Also, I do have the fathers AKC DNA#

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
How big is Briley? My Ellie is definitely on the "smaller" size as she's only 32-ish lbs at about 9 months, but her mom was only about 40lbs when she wasn't pregnant. Everyone says that each bully is different, so I'm guessing that's very much the truth.

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=4890]spork3127[/MENTION] Briley is 10 months and is about 48-49 lbs. He weighs more than what he looks like he would weigh. It actually suprised me when I saw how much he weighed. When I talked to the breeder today, she said the father was a big boy around 60+ lbs and the mother was smaller, around 50 lbs. Briley looks like he would only weigh in at maybe 35-40 pounds. My roommate has a husky/sheltie mix that's about 20-25 pounds and he doesn't look much bigger than her.
This is a picture of me and him taken on Christmas- not a great picture but shows him compared to me. I am 5'2 and weigh 95 pounds. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358893903.706629.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, aren't you just the cutest little thing? he looks fine, you too :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online