attracting a lot of attention at the dog park

theswopes

Jan 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kyle
How do you handle when other dog owners at the dog park are alarmed by your bulldog's brachycephalic breathing issues? I never let him get to the point that his breathing is labored, but I tend to get a lot of looks of concern/judgment.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I just mention that my baby sounds like a gremlin when she plays and people laugh! The bullies are a lil box of surprises when it comes to noises ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake can run circles around most dogs without breathing noisily..AND with a ball in his mouth! But we don't go to dog parks ...he is quite the retriever! :laugh:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
People thought Mimi (RIP) was broken when we stepped a few feet away from her. My wife called it separation anxiety. They do Make some funny noises. Can't describe the noises, not even going to try.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Jake can run circles around most dogs without breathing noisily..AND with a ball in his mouth! But we don't go to dog parks ...he is quite the retriever! :laugh:

That's my Angus! He's only a year old though (we celebrated his bday 2 weeks ago). He can play soccer for an hour before he flops down in complete exhaustion. But yeah, he makes those almost-like-he's-dying noises and snores like an F-14 flyby... People at the dog park think he's growling and they give me bad looks until they got to know him. Now, he's a popular dog because he will play nice with anybody, even the little dinky toy dogs. He's the super omega dog and he would lay down and expose his neck to the tiny yippity Yo-Quero-Taco-Bell dogs that go to that park... quite shameful really. LOL.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH doesn't go to dog parks. Her mommy is paranoid and won't walk around in such places. :eek: When we do go to doggy functions though there are almost always other bullies around with owners who understand.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I laugh and say wait until she snores!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh: :laugh: :ROFL: ROFL: so true.

Only if something is said to me, will I respond - it is normal. I do not go to dog parks but when we are out with them someplace and it happens, people do look, but I ignore them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.