Bully in heat!!!

starmoon

Sep 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Estrella (Star)
My 7 month old bully Estrella is in heat and she's been on it for about a week, but I've noticed that she can't really pee. I started cleaning her with warm water, and it helps her a little, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this with there bully and what do you suggest I do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience with a heat cycle,, but I did tag a few users that have had this experience, they will be by soon to give you some insight.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
When you say she can't pee can you elaborate a bit more. Does it hurt her to squat? This is new to me. Emma had no problems peeing. Poor thing.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you say she can't really pee, are her lady parts all swollen? that is normal,, not being able to pee is not normal
perhaps someone else will come along with a female that has had that problem, I never noticed that with my females.

M

mabel lou

Maybe she is not in heat and yet has possibly a urine infection? Just a thought

OP
S

starmoon

Sep 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Estrella (Star)
She squats like she's going to pee and stays there for like 30 seconds then gets up and you can see 1 or 2 drips then she'll go to the other side of the yard and tries again but just won't pee, and i know kuz after she gets up I go and touch the grass, but its dry and when she goes on the pads its a little tiny circle when usually she pees alot :(

I noticed she had dried blood so I thought maybe she was clogged up so I keep cleaning her but she still wont pee as much as she usually did before the cycle

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sounds like maybe a UTI to me! Is she draining enough to wear a pad?

OP
S

starmoon

Sep 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Estrella (Star)
When she's sleeping is when she drips the most, other than that she just leaves her spots as she walks or sits

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Probably time to call her vet to make sure she doesn't have a UTI while she's in heat. Emma bled most at night too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like she could have a UTI, I would take her to your vet to get checked out.

OP
S

starmoon

Sep 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Estrella (Star)
Update on Estrella; I boiled arnica plant and let it cool down then cleaned Estrella's part with it and now she's peeing alot again and running around like crazy :D

She's still bleeding and her lady part is still swollen, but that's just part of the heat cycle

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.