Houston Weather (playtime)

bubba88

May 21, 2011
How long do you let your bully play outside before worrying about heat exhaustin? I get worried after 5 minutes once him/her are breathing to hard! They want to keep playing but I don't let them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It just depends on how hot it is outside, on cool days they can play 10 to 20 minutes. But on hot days, no play outside, just out to do their business and back in. Sometimes at night when it cools off we will let them play for a little while, but when they start to pant, it's time to come in. Even going for walks, when it's hot out, no walks.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
When it's anything above 80 I really watch them and we don't have the humidity here that you get. Let me tag [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] for you too. He lives in your area and would know more than me when it comes to heat & humidity. But for here really not more than 10 minutes if they're really playing out. If they're just sunning, well about 10 minutes too. They'd both sun themselves to death if I let them.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
We get very high temperatures with very high humidity in the summer for like a week and I only let her out to do her business then usually stick her on my bed with her fan (yes she has her own fan at night lmao she's spoiled) but I'm dealing with the opposite now it's 10 right now n she won't come in from outside I'm actually typing n calling her n she's staring at me whining lol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I'm from Houston and I got izzy last September. I think it all depends on how active your puppy is and how well he does on the heat. Izzy doesn't have a very mushy face and so far I have never seen her panting. We go for long walks and play time but I am always watching her close and I carry water with me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online