Bully Question

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hi everyone, how are you guys doing? I have a quick question.

I want to shower my bully. Im not sure what would be the best shampoo to use on her. I got this shampoo, but Im not sure if it's the correct one.
http://dgc.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pDGC1-10604139v380.jpg
Sergeant's fur so fresh dog shampoo
All purpose cleaner.

Also if this is the correct one, can I get some soap and clean off her folds or any suggestions?
I heard corn starch is the best thing to use to clean the folds on her face.

Any ideas?Any suggestions?

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
You want to use a mild shampoo I use baby shampoo on mine. Works good and leaves the soft and smelling sweet. Never wash their face when giving them a bath, you don't wan to get water or soap in their eyes or ears. Instead I use a wet wash cloth and wipe in between the floods on the face. Making sure to dry very good. You never want to leave the winkles wet, this can cause problems.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there! You can try the shampoo, just make sure you rinse well. Once you think you are done, rinse one more time.

That looks like a general all propose shampoo. I prefer a moisturizing shampoo or even baby shampoo for young pups, for adults a hypoallergenic shampoo is the best choice.

Corn starch alone is NOT good for wrinkles. It can be used to make a paste with another ingredient (like peroxide) but do not use it alone. It is a food, and yeast feeds on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use a tearless puppy shampoo with oatmeal and chamomile from Petsmart. It makes them smell like baby powder. I also don't wash or pour water on their heads or face, as they can get water in the ears and get a infection, and they can get water in their noses and into their lungs which can cause lung problems or infections. I use a facecloth with a little bit of shampoo and I wipe their face, eyes, and wrinkles. I also use apple cider vinegar and water, 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water as a final rinse after you rinse with water, you leave this on and dry as usual. It makes the fur really soft and shiny.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Ok I was just making sure. I will be getting a new shampoo for my CoCo Chanel.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
You want to use a mild shampoo I use baby shampoo on mine. Works good and leaves the soft and smelling sweet. Never wash their face when giving them a bath, you don't wan to get water or soap in their eyes or ears. Instead I use a wet wash cloth and wipe in between the floods on the face. Making sure to dry very good. You never want to leave the winkles wet, this can cause problems.

Ok. So I can use a wet cloth and wipe down on between the folds on the face. Then i have to use another to to make sure the folds are dry completely correct? Since I'm using a wet wash cloth to wipe down between the floods. correct?

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Washing their face with water while bathing them leads to bad things. Water everywhere, very wet dog washer and and a very unhappy bulldog. Think 50 lb fish out of water. Funny once LOL

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Ok. So don't wash the face while bathing, wait till after?

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I always wash my dog in the bathtub, from the neck and back. Just be sure no water goes into her ears. While the shampoo is setting- usually good to wait 5 to 10 minutes to rinse, we take a washcloth with a cleansing agent we get from our vet to wipe his wrinkles and inside his ears. It is Phytovet CK Antiseptic flush. It contains a drying agent so the folds, wrinkles and ears dry completely rather than keeping them moist for bacteria and yeast to grow.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
we use Selsun Blue followed by Oster Oatmeal Natural because we dont care for the smell of SB. LOL That is why HRH doesnt look a day over 6 yo. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.