Is it crule.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all as most of you will no were moving home Monday:/.

My chap and I have been talking ( never good ) lol. At the minute coco is im bed with us of a night. The only thing is its disrupting my chaps sleep pattern it's been gettin worse lately tho the heavier coco has been getting. She's a dead weight. We're thinking about starting a family soon too and were thing about putting coco I'n the kitchen of a night I'm in 2 minds a know it's gonna be better in the long run but a don't no how she will cope ??
Any advice will be great x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Get her a wire crate, we use the 36" ones for our females and put it in your bedroom by the bed for know until she gets used to it and once she is comfortable with the crate, then you can move it to another room with little problem.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi all as most of you will no were moving home Monday:/.

My chap and I have been talking ( never good ) lol. At the minute coco is im bed with us of a night. The only thing is its disrupting my chaps sleep pattern it's been gettin worse lately tho the heavier coco has been getting. She's a dead weight. We're thinking about starting a family soon too and were thing about putting coco I'n the kitchen of a night I'm in 2 minds a know it's gonna be better in the long run but a don't no how she will cope ??
Any advice will be great x

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] is right

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
its tough to break them of 'not in the bed' once they have started, however, it can be done ! (Gizmo and Hershey are both shut out of the bedroom now) yes, there is some whining, and scratching at the door, but they know, they arent in the bedroom. Around Christmas with a houseful of folks we let them go up there to 'hide' (get a little peace and quiet, and give the grandbabies the run of the house for a bit) so we had the issue all over again of wanting in the bed.

Just be firm and you'll be fine :)

wendykerr

Jun 3, 2012
Cibolo, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry aka Lawrence Tiberius
Get her a wire crate, we use the 36" ones for our females and put it in your bedroom by the bed for know until she gets used to it and once she is comfortable with the crate, then you can move it to another room with little problem.

:2thumbs:

Larry gets cuddle time with me on the bed at night, but his daddy put him in the crate at night before he comes to sleep. That way everyone is getting a decent night's sleep. We leave his crate open during the day and he often goes in there to nap.
Might take some getting used to, but ya'll can do you :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] are right...put the wire crate right beside your bed where you can
reach down to touch her if she needs it. After she's comfortable w/that, move her crate
further away and then at some point, out of your bedroom like the hall where if she cries
you can reassure her by voice and the into wherever room you ultimately desire her to be.

And no, it's not cruel...she will adjust fine...it's US worrying so much that is the problem!

You are a good bully mama...everyone will become used to the new order soon and be happy!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Think we're gonna try the cage in the kitchen the only thing is she WILL pee in her cage but she is house trained. I always thought dogs never peed in there bed ?? But it coco !! X

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

^^^ this is the way to go

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I agree wire crate maybe she wouldn't get so upset if she were close to you in the crate. Please let us know how it goes!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Ano but she pees & poos in the cage :/. Am in too minds :( a really need to think fast today's the day !!!! X

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess

Are the wire crates the same size as the plastic kennel style crates? I currently have a 36" plastic kennel and am upgrading to a wire crate. But I do t want to get a 36" and be too small. Is the 42" enormous? I have a 10month girl who weighs about 50#

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] the 36" wire is plenty big enough for a female bully, we have all out females in 36" crates and a 42" for the males.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online