Appropriate size growing up

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi everyone,

Ike is about 15 weeks and weights about 28 pounds.
Is this where he should be? I know every puppy is different but is he in the right range?

Any thoughts how big was your bully about this age?

Thanks!:2thumbs:

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble is 15 weeks old and when we weighed him last he was 27.5 lbs. He definitely seems to have quite the belly on him but he always acts like he is starving and we do not feed him. We feed him 3 cups a day and are currently transitioning from BilJac to Taste of the Wild. Rumble is actually at the vet right now with my husband so I will let you know what she says about his weight so we can compare :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will tag some members with puppy experience..... my puppy experience was 7 years ago so the memory is gone of their weight.

Iselaal5

Jan 16, 2013
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
We took our puppy today to the vet for her 16 weeks shots and she was 24lb the Dr. Said she is in a perfect weight, she also said that you should be able to feel her ribs (which it was weird for me) :excited:but then she told us that,thats a sign that your bully is on a healthy weight.:clap2:

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Everyone worries me here on weight, my pup is 13 weeks and weighs about 11 lbs, he eats about 1 1/2 cups 3x daily

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble still weighed 27 pounds at the vet today and she said he is a happy and healthy puppy. I think the weight will vary a lot but as long as they are healthy you do not have anything to worry about!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I complied this list a while ago for this question, this is Samson's weights and looks like Ike is about the same size that Samson was:

4 months: 21 lbs

5 months: 25 lbs

6 months: 28 lbs

7 months: 35 lbs

11 months: 45 lbs

One and a half years: 50 lbs

2.5 years on average of 55lbs

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Thanks for all the advice everyone. and [MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION] I wouldn't worry to much as long as your puppy is healthy, I wasn't worried I just wanted to know if Ike is in the avg size.. I also do know to get an average, you need a high, low and middle.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He sounds about the right weight, but as you know they are all a little different. Our pup Bruce was about 30 lbs. at 16 weeks and at 5 month was 37 lbs. and know he is 6 months old and weighs about 45 lbs.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've been tracking Wilson's weight since he was 8 weeks old (3/6/11), he just turned 2 this month. Thing to remember first that I have learned is that bullies come in so many different sizes and weights. I really should finish his charts on the computer (it's all hand written in right now). I tracked all their weight every week up until 6 months, then once a month until a year and we're still averaging once a month. I do it on our Wii. Emma, Wilson and Jack each have their own profile....:laugh:

Anyhoots :)

Wilson weight 22.5 at 15 weeks

And [MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION], at 11 weeks he was 12.6

He checked in at 59.1 on January 1st. :up:

Members online

No members online now.