Luca's first day at puppy class

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Very proud of my boy tonight. His first puppy class went pretty good. When all dogs were allowed to go "off leash" Luca immediately found a friend in another dog about his size. Not sure what breed she was (kinda looked like the dog from fragal rock) but what a time they had wrestling for what seemed like an hour. I've never seen him more excited; panting and smiling like the happiest puppy in the world. He was also very gentle and sweet to the 10 week old King Charles that was there for the first time too. All was going great until he had back to back bouts of diarrhea at which point the trainer advised us to take him off of taste of the wild (too rich, she said) and go to natural balance. Hopefully next week we can have all the fun without the messy cleanup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 154

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Awww, Luca's beautiful! Glad to hear his class went so well. He sounds like he's developing his social skills quite nicely. Hopefully his poops will go better next time though!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Good job in class Luca and don't you worry none because :poo: happens .... keep up all the good socialization :2thumbs:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good job, Luca!

Hey, all that excitement is a bit much for a wee pup to manage! I might get the backdoor trots if I were in that same situation. LOL
OK. Maybe not.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Dont you just love it when they poop in puppy class...LOL

I bet he cant wait to go back next week!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Luca is just beautiful! I just love that face!!! I am sure the excitement of all that wonderful playtime and slobber had an effect on his tummy! Unless you had problems before, i would not let one episode of loose stools cause you to change foods. TOW is a good food, but if you have had issues, then yes, by all means do it but from the voice of experience, do it SLOWLY! Heed the advice I was given- take 10 -14 days to change. You won't regret it!!
Keep those pics coming! He is soooooo gorgeous!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What a gorgeous pup. But the poor little guy looks so exhausted. aww..

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Luca is so cute! How old is he? We are starting training this weekend with our 15 week old Rumble and your experience is exactly what I am worried about! Glad to hear he played so well with the other dogs. I know Rumble can play quite rough with us so I am hoping that there are some large breed puppies in there to handle his excitement!

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Puppy Playtime is great isn't it!. I was initially really fearful for lil Henry his 1st time. Now i'm able to relax and enjoy it more now that i know the other owners and the temperment of the other pups/dogs. Funny you mention the "King Charles"...We had a 10 week old King Charles last week at playtime as well. I gotta say the the King Charles definitely runs a close 2nd to English Bulldogs in Cute factor as puppies.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca is so cute! How old is he? We are starting training this weekend with our 15 week old Rumble and your experience is exactly what I am worried about! Glad to hear he played so well with the other dogs. I know Rumble can play quite rough with us so I am hoping that there are some large breed puppies in there to handle his excitement!
Luca is 18 weeks old (25 pounds of muscle)

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca is just beautiful! I just love that face!!! I am sure the excitement of all that wonderful playtime and slobber had an effect on his tummy! Unless you had problems before, i would not let one episode of loose stools cause you to change foods. TOW is a good food, but if you have had issues, then yes, by all means do it but from the voice of experience, do it SLOWLY! Heed the advice I was given- take 10 -14 days to change. You won't regret it!! Keep those pics coming! He is soooooo gorgeous!
Truth be told the breeder had him on purina 1 and he had bad stool, then blue buffalo, then taste of the wild (hard stool in morning, soft in evening) so now we r gonna give the natural balance a shot

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I can certainly SEE why Luca came to live at your house...that face! :Muah:

Smart, sweet & social too...you've hit the 'bully jackpot'!!

Congratulations on him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like socialization is his favorite time of the class..... I would hold off on changing food right away, the :poo: could have just been from all the excitement.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Puppy class is so fun isnt it! Glad he did so well, good job!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online