Bogey 13 weeks!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
What a little gem we have on our hands! He is growing so fast-- went to the vets for his post-stomach distress-virus-wrong food- syndrome: he is PERFECTLY fine! Weight was 18.3, poos are solid and small, andhe is doing great on Fromms beef frittata!:pray:

He is mastering many commands, but I am most proud of "come"! No matter where he is, even outside and very distracted ( like digging in my neighbors flower beds), he will respond immediately, even if he can't see me! Have put this to the test many times in different situations- all with success! Except for the time my hubby couldn't find him and there was no response to " Bogey come!" Seems our little guy got INTO the bathtub, but couldn't get out! He got the reward for whimpering to let us know where he was! I mus t admit, his motivation is the treat at the end, but who cares? I ALWAYS have treats on me so the rewards are endless! When he gets a little older I will start skipping the rewards, but I don't want to mess with a good thing!:master:

Biting? Well that's another thing! Still chomping at our ankles and toes but he really settles down after a stint in the pokey ( his crate) although sometimes his good behavior is short lived and parole is revoked.:jail:

OCD behavior? Absolutely! When we take our daily walks, he refuses to walk by the first 3 houses in our circle- we have to carry him past the "evil"houses, then he walks fine! BUT he WILL walk past them on the way home! :(

We are so enjoying spending so much time with him- a luxury I couldn't do with any of my other dogs!! What a difference it has made!
He's a keeper!!:heart:
Bogey at 9 weeks and 13 weeks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 165

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
He is too cute!!! And it seems like you have one smart bully!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww hes adorable, and i know what you mean, i have way more time withmy guys than I did with my last dog, and I am enjoying it. I'm glad his tummy troubles are better, keep sharing the pics

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
He is precious! Did you take him to a puppy class? Harper comes home next week and I can't wait. It sounds like he is doing a great job with the training - you should be very proud of him!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aww! I love that first picture! He's one smart pup. Good boy, Bogey!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh Bogey you are such a little cutie I just adore you!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am just so happy about the FOOD!! At last you struck gold!!!! :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yay!!! Glad to hear Bogeys progress! Love the side by side photos, amazing how much they grow in three weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
What a little gem we have on our hands! He is growing so fast-- went to the vets for his post-stomach distress-virus-wrong food- syndrome: he is PERFECTLY fine! Weight was 18.3, poos are solid and small, andhe is doing great on Fromms beef frittata!:pray:

He is mastering many commands, but I am most proud of "come"! No matter where he is, even outside and very distracted ( like digging in my neighbors flower beds), he will respond immediately, even if he can't see me! Have put this to the test many times in different situations- all with success! Except for the time my hubby couldn't find him and there was no response to " Bogey come!" Seems our little guy got INTO the bathtub, but couldn't get out! He got the reward for whimpering to let us know where he was! I mus t admit, his motivation is the treat at the end, but who cares? I ALWAYS have treats on me so the rewards are endless! When he gets a little older I will start skipping the rewards, but I don't want to mess with a good thing!:master:

Biting? Well that's another thing! Still chomping at our ankles and toes but he really settles down after a stint in the pokey ( his crate) although sometimes his good behavior is short lived and parole is revoked.:jail:

OCD behavior? Absolutely! When we take our daily walks, he refuses to walk by the first 3 houses in our circle- we have to carry him past the "evil"houses, then he walks fine! BUT he WILL walk past them on the way home! :(

We are so enjoying spending so much time with him- a luxury I couldn't do with any of my other dogs!! What a difference it has made!
He's a keeper!!:heart:
Bogey at 9 weeks and 13 weeks!!

wow! the pictures really show how fast he has grown! and he is gorgeous btw!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
He sounds like he is doing very well :) :) the only thing that stuck out in your post to me, was putting him in the Pokey for being bad (in the crate) Everything I've read about crate training, the #1 rule is, not to use it as punishment. When Hershey would be 'teething' on us or his sister Gizmo, we would put a toy directly into his mouth, a loud YIP or OUCH would also get his attention and he would stop trying to use those needle teeth on us :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Bogey is one of the cutest pup I've ever seen! And smart too, you've got a gem there!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's a heartbreaker for sure and I agree with @cali jenn...those eyes! :heart:

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Glad to hear he is doing better on the new food. I was wondering how he was doing. We do the same with Spiel. When he gets too wound up, mostly with the two kids because they basically have trained him that they are chew toys by the way they play with him, into the crate he goes. When he comes back out after timeout, he knows he has to settle or right back in he goes. I have tried a million times to "train" the two kids not to play with him the way they do if they don't want small nicks and cuts all over their hands and feet lol but I know both will grow out of it. Not to mention Spiel is twice as easy to train than a 15 year old daughter and 11 son. Spielmans' favorite two games are to chase my son as he runs full speed around the house and up and down the stairs with a reward of chewing on an ankle when he catches up, or his other favorite game of chewing on my daughter wherever he can get his mouth while she lays in the floor throwing him around. We have not had any problems with him going in or staying in the crate.

Spiel sounds like he is a little more hard headed than Bogey. He does well with commands when he wants to. Even if he knows he will get a treat. "Come" is the hardest for him. Sometimes he comes running as hard as he can, other times he stares at you with a look like "no, I don't feel like it right now". He really has a mind of his own. He knows there are certain things he is not allowed to chew on, ie the legs on the furniture, and he will walk over, open his mouth wide right next to the leg of the chair two inches away and just stare at you like, "I can if I want, go ahead, look away and see what happens" and as soon as I snap at him he swings his head around like he is pissed at the world.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.