Does is worry you when people around you contemplate buying a bully???????

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
It does worry me because I know there are a lot of abandon bullies out there and im sure the number will continue to rise. It drives me crazy to when I see people at stores buy crap food for their animals just because they never educate themselves on whats best for their pet!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
LOL @ "I want a dog that doesn't need exercise." What dog exactly would that be? I can tell you; a taxidermy dog. Even the tiniest of Chewowow's need "the walk". There are many things that irk me about people, but here's one of my favorites: When someone talks to me about their dog's behavior issues and I ask, "Do you walk your dog every day?" And they say, "Oh I have a big back yard!"

This is a yes or no question; not a real estate quiz.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
LOL @ "I want a dog that doesn't need exercise." What dog exactly would that be? I can tell you; a taxidermy dog. Even the tiniest of Chewowow's need "the walk". There are many things that irk me about people, but here's one of my favorites: When someone talks to me about their dog's behavior issues and I ask, "Do you walk your dog every day?" And they say, "Oh I have a big back yard!"

This is a yes or no question; not a real estate quiz.

Is there a ”like” button somewhere

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Hmm, my 10 year old daughter is very involved with a couple rescues and she volunteers in a kennel. If anyone is friends with Justice Rescue you probably read an article about her. My brother and Sister in law are advocates for Pitbulls, Pin Up for Pitbulls. Maybe we should start advocating for bully's. it doesn't have to be a rescue, but we could spread awareness at all the different pet expos and events in our areas. Hope I was allowed to use the names? If not someone please remove.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I love love love this breed! But when people say they want one....I feel the need to caution them. Anyone with me on this????
I'm the young age of 20 years old and have a 7 month old bulldog and he has had his share of problems trust me. But I do extensive research and make sure to take every measure to make sure he is properly cared for. I spend way more than the average retriever owner and I know it. When people look at our adorable bulldogs faces I feel that they don't KNOW how much it takes to love these animals in a way that does them justice. These people don't KNOW the vet bills, the special food, the wrinkle care ect.....and so they get one of these beautiful babies....and then realize they can't handle giving them what they really need.....so they end up in a shelter or just being poorly taken care of. That worries me. More bullbabies ending up in shelters because people don't know how to properly care for them. I don't want that. And that's why I'm buying shelter bulldogs for the rest of my life.
Just wanted to share this and see if anyone else felt the same.

First I want to say that you have amazing maturity for a 20 year old. I have two boys 18 and 20 and I could only wish that they could have half of what you have :-) Secondly, I get on what I call my "Bullie Pulpit" as soon as someone says to me "Oh I want a bullie so much" and they are usually young people who ( as you point out) just dont' have a clue as to what inviting a bullie into your life actually entails. Again, when friends and family see what we have been through with all of Dublin's surgeries etc, they just couldn't believe that I went ahead and rescued another bullie ( Dublin is not a rescue). Tio is an absolute doll ( he is on the left in my Avatar photo). His life of neglect is beyond belief and it continues to be a daily battle to get him well. We certainly struggle financially to keep both bullies healthy and happy but I wouldnt' have it any other way. My family and friends continue to believe in my "nuttiness" but that is okay with me.:2thumbs:

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
First I want to say that you have amazing maturity for a 20 year old. I have two boys 18 and 20 and I could only wish that they could have half of what you have :-) Secondly, I get on what I call my "Bullie Pulpit" as soon as someone says to me "Oh I want a bullie so much" and they are usually young people who ( as you point out) just dont' have a clue as to what inviting a bullie into your life actually entails. Again, when friends and family see what we have been through with all of Dublin's surgeries etc, they just couldn't believe that I went ahead and rescued another bullie ( Dublin is not a rescue). Tio is an absolute doll ( he is on the left in my Avatar photo). His life of neglect is beyond belief and it continues to be a daily battle to get him well. We certainly struggle financially to keep both bullies healthy and happy but I wouldnt' have it any other way. My family and friends continue to believe in my "nuttiness" but that is okay with me.:2thumbs:

Thank you very much!!! [: I actually get that from time to time. My Stoagie is no joking matter, I take his love and care seriously. As he snores on his bed I love him more every minute, he's worth everything and anything. But unfortunately, not many people think this way.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Yes when talking to people about bullies for the first time I always make sure to mention how much time and commitment it takes as well as the money spent on the them. They are not the average dog but they are so worth it!

M

mabel lou

I remember my nephew's girlfriend coming to me all the time because she wants an EBD and she knows I have been dealing with them for a huge portion of my life. "Talk him into letting me have one" over and over and over. One day she was here an again she said the same thing, I just want one she said. So I told her when she does her research on them to come to me and I will see what she knows and depending on whether or not I feel she knows something other than how cute they are. I told her I would then talk to my nephew about this, but only when she has done extensive research. I told her it is not fair to a puppy or my nephew if your just going off of a cute face and stocky build. She still hasn't come back to me since I finally told her this. I guess if your really wanting to understand the dog of your interest I can only come up with "do your research"

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.