The Pet Tracker - Loving it!!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I posted the other day how I ordered this product made by Tagg - well I love it.

The activity tracker part of this product is awesome.

I had mentioned to their customer service how I was hoping to use this as dual purpose - lost or stolen but because it's larger then I would like and says Pet Tracker on it, that it would be the first thing to come off if someone took him. Well, customer service left me a voicemail yesterday and said they listened to my concerns and were sending me free of charge a "tag guard" that will kinda hide the tag and protect it. I just thought that was really nice of them.

They also went on to tell me a story of a customer that did have their dog stolen while wearing the pet tracker and although the individuals who stole the dog destoyed the tracker, they did it once they go to their house and it tracked the owners right to their dog. When they knocked on their door, there was their dog and the individuals said, Oh, we found him - now they are being charged with theft.

So you just never know, although not meant for stolen dogs, it could help in some cases.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I just saw a commercial for that and was going to look up the website. The other one I saw was the dog tag that's a bar code reader.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I just saw a commercial for that and was going to look up the website. The other one I saw was the dog tag that's a bar code reader.

I love it!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie has a tag similar to the bar code. It's made by PetHub and has a bar code on the back side that can be scanned with the bar code reader on a smart phone and then a design on the front side. When you receive the tag, you can go to their website and register it, upload a pic of your cat/dog, include information such as rabies vaccine number, meds, special needs, contact info, vet contact info, etc. Once it's scanned, it takes you right to your pets page showing their picture and information. I may have to buy a new one because they have added about 15 new designs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I wonder if one day they will have the technology to include a GPS tracking device when you get your pet microchipped and then have an app on your phone so you could see where your pet is????

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I wonder if one day they will have the technology to include a GPS tracking device when you get your pet microchipped and then have an app on your phone so you could see where your pet is????

Patent it now! I would get those for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)

You would think that the technology we have now we would already have these! Such a good idea, that would really give me a piece of mind when I leave them at home. My biggest fear is someone breaking in and taking them!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Cool beanz! And great Customer service. They need to advertise here and then we could link them...:hmm:

I did tell them I belong to a bulldog forum and have mentioned them, they were quite happy.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston

That would be awesome...get on it!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth

The pethub item that I mentioned offers GPS mapping on a couple of their yearly subscriptions that shows you where the tag was scanned from.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I looked up the tagg the other day when you first mentioned that you ordered it and I think its a great idea but would be wonderful if there was a microchip GPS! That would be awesome!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online