English or olde english????

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My Luca is looking less and less like a typical bulldog. He is taller and his muzzle is longer than the other bulldogs in my town. Some one said he could be an olde english mutt bulldog. I just emailed the breeder (also because my registration papers haven't arrived yet) and am awaiting a response. It was my understanding that olde english bullies were not recognized by the Akc. His mother was a typical looking bully. His father had a slightly long face now that I think of it. It doesn't matter. I love him no matter what but tell me what you all think.... English or olde english??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 345

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think it is too early to tell for sure one way or the other. They seem to grow UP first, meaning tall and lanky. Then the second and third year they fill out. From that picture he looks pretty much like any other EB at that age. But I would keep on the breeder about those papers..... YOU paid for them.

BTW: He is a VERY Handsome bully!!!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
''bulldogs go through many different changes between birth upto 3 years and breeders often get asked if they are not of full breed. They go tgrough many gangly phases which leads people to have doubts'' ... I got told this and so do many others when questionin a EB puppys looks. Dont forget all EBs look different and can look very unique which you learn when looking around at everybodys pics on here. As long as your not going to show him it shouldnt make a difference. X

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I think there's another post here with lots of pics of bully's at different ages and stages. Our new bully Lola doesn't look like the "typical" bulley either. She's taller, skinny legs, and less face wrinkles, small nose rope. The vet guesses she's a year old. He said it depends on breeding lines, just like you can have siblings or even twins that look nothing alike.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358346577.930411.jpg. Lola is the white (1 year) and Ruckus ( almost 3 years)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I personally thinks she looks like an English but I certainly am not a vet

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like an English to me! If he was olde I believe he would be much bigger. He is likely just going through his gangly stage :). When he is a year old you should really start to see him broaden. The good news is he's probably not going to get much taller, the legs always grow first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Luca looks Bully to me but it can be really hard to tell an OEB from an EB because OEBs have so much EB in them. I'm getting an OEB puppy in February. They may be considered mutts by the AKC but I am looking for health, temperament, and longevity!

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
I keep reading that they grow "up" and then "out". My 12 week old is ROUND so if he grows "out" later I am starting to wonder if he is not more pig than bulldog.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I keep reading that they grow "up" and then "out". My 12 week old is ROUND so if he grows "out" later I am starting to wonder if he is not more pig than bulldog.

You watch..... in the next few months he will grow UP and get a bit long legged. That round piggyness will give way to long-legged piggyness!!! LOL

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Something u gotta keep in mind too is the breed "English bulldog" was created by crossing an olde english with a pug so everyone's dog is going to look different :) my girl has more characteristics of a pug with the really smooshy face n deep wrinkles :) I think he's very very handsome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd say he was full english ... they all go through this strange "looks like a boxer" stage!!! I knew for certain that Linus was an english bulldog because I had seen Mum and Dad ... and yet even he went through this weird gangly stage!!

I wouldn't worry too much ......... but I'd still be chasing up my papers!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
give him time... sometime after a year you will see the chest and head widen

Kahnefan5

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
He looks like an EB too me, we have both the Olde English and the English, take a look at the photos I have of our dogs on my page, you can really see the difference.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My Stiggy went through that langky stage too. He looked like a chubby boxer ... he had a belly! lol. He's almost 3 now and he's still getting wider. People also mention that he looks like his face is getting more wrinkly too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.