The time is near !!

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all well the time is nearly here we move home Monday. Well basically am dreading it, coco doesn't cope well with change! She's started acting up lately after she gets told of she sulks and goes and pops in the house :(. Luckily here I have floor but the new house has carpets :( dreading it !! X ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358327801.873965.jpg

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Good luck on the move! I hate moving house too. Fortunately I don't think I'll be having to do it any time soon.

As for advice on Coco, just remain the alpha in your pack, and remind her of whatever training and obedience she has. At the new home, you might want to treat her like a puppy learning potty training for the first time, although she should learn and comply in far less time. Doggies like routine- provide her with a strict routine for her to cling to while her environment changes. That is the only advice I can think of.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give her time.... she senses your stress as well as her own so she is going to be overly sensitive. Our boy used to do the same thing even with just moving a piece of furniture, he would :poo: in the house.

Good luck with everything

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Good Luck..moving is a giant P.I.T.A....but I'm sure Coco will adapt. Just be consistent and calm! :hmm: well as calm as possible while your entire world is upside down! :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We moved last year, it took Vegas a couple of days and he was OK, it is an adjustment but once all of your personal belonging are in the new house and Coco smells everything it wont take her long at all to fall into routine. I remember being so scared before our move, he did just fine. Good Luck, keep us updated.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Good luck with the move ... I'm going to be going though a move in the next 3 or 4 months too, not looking forward to it but oh well sometimes things just have to change. Just be calm, patient and set a consistent schedule and hopefully everything will fall into place :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Moving is just stressful for everyone. The advice is here is excellent. Try to stay positive and calm ( not easy- I am a wreck when I have to move) so Coco feels secure. Their noses are like our eyes so keeping lots of familiar smells around her - like a t shirt you have slept - in in her kennel. The familiarity of her kennel, routine, lots of exercise to burn off the stress, and the ability to explore/ smell everything outside in her new surrounding neighbourhood will help. I have moved with dogs and it is true they can regress a little but I found the above stuff really helped to prevent stress from building up too much. Go easy on yourself too. I have heard it said moving is like a death of a friend- you need time to grieve the loss. Even when it is something you look forward to. So don't sweat the small stuff. Hugs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online