Adult Weight

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey bullie friends!
I was curious as to when you bulldogs really reach there full weights and about what their weight is?

I know the standard reply, two to three years until they reach adult size and typical the females are 40-50 lbs and males 50-60 lbs.

But I'm curious as what everybody's actual experience is with this is.

Both of mine are not mature so I can't really answer my own question,
but my female is just under two years old and weights 41 lbs and our male is only nine months old and weight about 45 lbs now. I expect both of then have a little more growing to do.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is 6 years old and a petite 41 lbs. She came to us at 3 1/2 and hasn't changed. I'm told it can take 3 years for them to be fully mature and filled out. But often I don't think the weight changes so much in the last year or so as much as they just fill out.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We adopted Gio when he was 20 months, I thought he was fully grown at 48 lbs but he is now about 58-60 lbs! He isn't over weight but he just kept getting wider! He is definitely fully grown now at 2 and a half.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
By age 2 1/2 to 3 years they are as big as they are going to get and if they gain weight after that it is just them adding fat, so you have to watch their weight the older they get. A fat bully is an unhealthy bully.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will be 4 in 2 months, for the last two years he has maintained 58-63 lbs. Never over 63. He seems taller than some I see on here, so to me he is perfect weight, and I make sure he stays that way. All muscle not fat.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke, my boy, passed at 7 yrs old, but never went of 58lbs... he was always between 55-58 his whole adult life.

Banks, my girl, is now 7 yrs old and balances between 58-63 lbs she at one point was close to 70lb so we do have to keep an eye on her intake and exercise.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.