Thread: Izzy ate through the wall :(

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Izzy ate through the wall :(

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Hahahah I would have to quit work if I had that...the way I'm paranoid and easily entertained by her I could watch her for hours!
    At first I couldn't stop watching them either. Now I just pop in once or twice a day. I always miss the good stuff though, like when Emma moved her entire xpen with her in it 12' over to the two stairs going to the other room and escaped out the bottom....yep, I missed that by about 1/2 hour.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Mac ate my wall last month too! Maybe we should set them up on a blind date seeing as how they have something in common.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

O.M.G.!!!! Luckily, the only thing Aubie's chewed up is one of my high heels and the wooden knob on my dresser that Aubrey started on when she was a pup. She stays out of her crate (she's almost 10 months) and does well. Of course, now that I said that she's going to eat something.... like my drywall!! LOL!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Raisin and Churchill
    Likes (Received)

Whoa! I have an cockatoo that chewed a hole in the wall, but never a dog. All 4 of the bullies have chewed on my coffee table and when Bebe doesn't chew that I will repair it! If I can find the picture of Gypsy Rose's wall hole I will put it up.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

How could anyone be mad at that face????? I'm sorry about the wall but really have the bf look at those puppy eyes he won't be mad long lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Mila likes eating drywall in the garage. She is nowhere near as talented as your pooch. Is your pooch available for my next demolition project? Looks like your pooch can remove drywall faster than me. Second thought, is Izzy related to Mila? They have the same facial structure.
    Last edited by gobronco; 01-15-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by babybully View Post
    Mac ate my wall last month too! Maybe we should set them up on a blind date seeing as how they have something in common.
    Haha! We should!!! I can only imagine the damage if we left both our babies by themselves....

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    O.M.G.!!!! Luckily, the only thing Aubie's chewed up is one of my high heels and the wooden knob on my dresser that Aubrey started on when she was a pup. She stays out of her crate (she's almost 10 months) and does well. Of course, now that I said that she's going to eat something.... like my drywall!! LOL!
    That's exactly what happened to me... I was bragging about Izzy and how good of a dog she is....... And then BAAM it hit me in the face!

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gobronco View Post
    Mila likes eating drywall in the garage. She is nowhere near as talented as your pooch. Is your pooch available for my next demolition project? Looks like your pooch can remove drywall faster than me. Second thought, is Izzy related to Mila? They have the same facial structure.
    We figure out last night her technique, she licks the wall until it gets soft and then she pushed with her paw
    where did u get mila from? Izzy came from a breeder here in Texas, her dad doesn't live here (tank) but her mom belongs to the breeder.

Real Name
    tamara
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
    Likes (Received)

@Izzy's Mom are you SURE?????? She looks pretty darn sweet and innocent to me!

Penelope & Dozer's Mama

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Let's look at the upside. The repair won't be so bad. The circle there is pretty well formed. Just take a glass or maybe a plastic cup close in size and use that as a template for cutting the piece of sheetrock. When you go to your home store look for the small 18 x 18 pieces of sheetrock they sell, much better than buying a whole big sheet. Get the self-sticking fiberglass tape and then pick up a small container of joint compound. They have a low sand product to make things nice and easy. You can have that hole filled rather quickly. You are also going to need at thin strip of wood and some drywall screws, you might be able to get away with a pack of shims that cost about $3. You are going to need that to brace the back of the piece of drywall you are going to put in. Believe me that is a small fix and can be done rather quickly. Thank your lucky stars that you caught her before it was a huge and rather irregular sized hole. That would take a lot more elbow grease because you would have to cut into that existing drywall to even it out so you could patch it.

I speak from experience, my son decided to use his elmo power tools to help mommy with repairs when he was a year old . Thankfully she hasn't gotten sick from eating it.

I have been fortunate with the walls. Raven has found flip flops, rubber gardening shoes, the edge of the wooden steps and the dining room table more to her liking. I am thankful she seems to have outgrown it but I still won't chance leaving her loose for a long time. At most she is left loose for maybe 20 minutes. I get worried she will get up to mischief and get hurt, as a pup she seemed to like cords that were plugged into the wall
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Lol; not funny but I got off lucky last week when Amber destroyed her bed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads