The wait is killing me

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:crying: For some reason, I "assumed" I could take my Blueberry home at 8 weeks. Well, I wrong. Looks like it's closer to 12 weeks.
Also, spoke with his breeder over the weekend. Was hoping to drive up and visit my bully, no-go. She said she's taking them to the vet this week (the litter will be six weeks this Wednesday) for their fist set of shots. So we decided I'd come up a week later to visit.
She's very into everything being sterile, clean, no outside contact etc. until they're vaccinated. I'm glad she's so strict, but at the same time- oh my gawd.. I want to see my furry baby!

In the meantime, I'm getting updated pics.
There's a girl in the litter that looks exactly like Blue, he's got his chin on her in his bum shot.. :ashamed: I was reading here how two are better than one :D and tried to talk my hubby into getting her as well. It umm, didn't quite go according to my plan. But all hope is not yet lost. He's starting to cave. Hoping he agrees before she goes to her forever home!

As no thread is complete without puppy pics, here's a few of the ones I got last week.

View attachment 35065View attachment 35066View attachment 35067

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In can relate..I just got my new puppy yhe day before yesterday. Hang in there...they all look precious and worth the wait.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are some cuties alright, and keep working on your hubby, because it's always better to have at least two. They do need play mates. :2thumbs: Plus I hope she lets you come see them after they have their shots, if not I would start to question what she is hiding. They usually go at 8 weeks but it is always better for the pups to go at 12 weeks to get a little more socialized and they learn a lot from mom in the last few weeks, so hang in there, it will be over before you know it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! Precious pups! I would go crazy! Jake was in our neighborhood..a couple blocks away..so I was certifiable a STALKER! I got to help rotate the pups with feeding at a week old..and before I knew Jake needed me..lol..I was there constantly. And since his mom was loving avocados while nursing..lol..it was a simple bribe! A bag of fresh picked avocados and Mommy Bully loved us! We even got to bing him to our house the week before he came home. He was isolated in our yard..and got to hang with Dena Dawg a bit. Hang in there..your Blueberry is wonderful! :love:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I would be going bat-crap mad waiting.... He is just precious :luv:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh boy, look at those puppy wrinkles!!! So cute!! How sad or you, BUT sounds like the breeder really cares about the pups, that is good!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
OH wow!! Beautiful puppies, I would be all over those two in the second picture and have them both. They look so much like my Amber when she was that age. Beautiful puppies, I can relate to your wait, I am waiting on Ambers momma to have her litter and I call Lisa regularly to find out how things are going. lol; it is well worth the wait but it seems like it takes forever. Congratulations! Hang in there

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG -- they are gorgeous. Make sure hubby is with you for the visit and have him hold the little girl while you hold Blue. He will cave in seconds -- I am so excited for you and love, love, love their coloring.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
What beautiful pups! Your Blue and his sister make a perfect pair! Like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, have your husband hold the little girl!

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
OMG [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], they are cute as stink and I would DIE waiting too :) Must say, Blueberry Muffin is about the cutest bully name ever. Absolutely love it!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] I showed my hubby the video of Usko and Voitto playing together. Hoped it would help hubby come around. He laughed (your video is one of the cutest I've seen), and said "let's wait until Blue is about 1 then we'll talk about a second bully".. grrr.. :mad:
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] bully puppies are the cutest thing ever. :heart: Our breeder was willing to let me come up at 6 weeks. She just wasn't going to let me get too near the puppies.. lol. We agreed I'd come up about a week after their vaccines. So I'll see Blue when he's 7 weeks. But that's still 1.5 weeks away..:crying:
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Thank you! Only a few block away??!! You must of been in bully heaven :luv::angelheart: with all those puppies.
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Thank you. Bat crap mad is exactly how I'm feeling..
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] The wrinkles.. OMG the wrinkles. Both Blue and his sister are very wrinkly now. Much more so than in the above pictures. They're just puddles of mush..lol. But yes, the breeder is great. And she really seems to try to better the breed with her litters.
[MENTION=5404]dalmatina38[/MENTION] Thank you. The wait is painful! When is Ambers mom due?
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thank you. Was thinking the same thing, having Chris play with the girl for a bit. Just don't know if she'll still be available by the time we go up. There were 7 in the litter, but I think only 3 are still available.
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] Thank you. I think they make a great pair too. But yes, that's the plan- Chris will hold and play with her. I think I'm giving him a nervous breakdown.. lol..
[MENTION=6201]PenelopeRosebud[/MENTION] lol.. thank you. Blueberry Muffin is a cute name but it's very girly. Hope I don't give him a complex..:blush2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OMG too cute, i wouldnt be able to wait. keep wearing hubby down, everyone needs a bully or two. I have 2, they are litter mates, brother and sister, they are 10 mos old now, and their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. You could have a Blueberry and Raspberry.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] thank you. Blueberry and Rasberry..lol. How much more difficult is it to raise two puppies at once?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]..We have so many Bully's in our neighborhood..it's really quite weird! Every one of Jake's brothers live within 2 miles of each other..and there are many unrelated ones too! We call it the "Bullyhood"...:ROFL:

I know nothing about two pups at once..I guess I would equate to twins versus single birth..:eek:

:hmm: Thinking you better NOT use that as a pro..lol

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Congrats on your new (soon) addition. Yes, the wait is hard, but well worth the wait.
Better to wait the extra 1-2 weeks to ensure health and ready for your new home.

We do not let ours go until at least 9 weeks, but have kept them up to 12 weeks. Each puppy matures at a different rate.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.