The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default The wait is killing me

:crying: For some reason, I "assumed" I could take my Blueberry home at 8 weeks. Well, I wrong. Looks like it's closer to 12 weeks.
    Also, spoke with his breeder over the weekend. Was hoping to drive up and visit my bully, no-go. She said she's taking them to the vet this week (the litter will be six weeks this Wednesday) for their fist set of shots. So we decided I'd come up a week later to visit.
    She's very into everything being sterile, clean, no outside contact etc. until they're vaccinated. I'm glad she's so strict, but at the same time- oh my gawd.. I want to see my furry baby!

In the meantime, I'm getting updated pics.
    There's a girl in the litter that looks exactly like Blue, he's got his chin on her in his bum shot.. I was reading here how two are better than one and tried to talk my hubby into getting her as well. It umm, didn't quite go according to my plan. But all hope is not yet lost. He's starting to cave. Hoping he agrees before she goes to her forever home!

As no thread is complete without puppy pics, here's a few of the ones I got last week.

Attachment 35065Attachment 35066Attachment 35067

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The wait is killing me

In can relate..I just got my new puppy yhe day before yesterday. Hang in there...they all look precious and worth the wait.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

They are some cuties alright, and keep working on your hubby, because it's always better to have at least two. They do need play mates. Plus I hope she lets you come see them after they have their shots, if not I would start to question what she is hiding. They usually go at 8 weeks but it is always better for the pups to go at 12 weeks to get a little more socialized and they learn a lot from mom in the last few weeks, so hang in there, it will be over before you know it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Wow! Precious pups! I would go crazy! Jake was in our neighborhood..a couple blocks away..so I was certifiable a STALKER! I got to help rotate the pups with feeding at a week old..and before I knew Jake needed me..lol..I was there constantly. And since his mom was loving avocados while nursing..lol..it was a simple bribe! A bag of fresh picked avocados and Mommy Bully loved us! We even got to bing him to our house the week before he came home. He was isolated in our yard..and got to hang with Dena Dawg a bit. Hang in there..your Blueberry is wonderful!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I would be going bat-crap mad waiting.... He is just precious

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh boy, look at those puppy wrinkles!!! So cute!! How sad or you, BUT sounds like the breeder really cares about the pups, that is good!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

OH wow!! Beautiful puppies, I would be all over those two in the second picture and have them both. They look so much like my Amber when she was that age. Beautiful puppies, I can relate to your wait, I am waiting on Ambers momma to have her litter and I call Lisa regularly to find out how things are going. lol; it is well worth the wait but it seems like it takes forever. Congratulations! Hang in there

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG -- they are gorgeous. Make sure hubby is with you for the visit and have him hold the little girl while you hold Blue. He will cave in seconds -- I am so excited for you and love, love, love their coloring.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

What beautiful pups! Your Blue and his sister make a perfect pair! Like @2BullyMama said, have your husband hold the little girl!

Real Name
    tamara
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
    Likes (Received)

OMG @Blueberrys Mom, they are cute as stink and I would DIE waiting too Must say, Blueberry Muffin is about the cutest bully name ever. Absolutely love it!

Penelope & Dozer's Mama

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@RiiSi I showed my hubby the video of Usko and Voitto playing together. Hoped it would help hubby come around. He laughed (your video is one of the cutest I've seen), and said "let's wait until Blue is about 1 then we'll talk about a second bully".. grrr..
    @Davidh bully puppies are the cutest thing ever. Our breeder was willing to let me come up at 6 weeks. She just wasn't going to let me get too near the puppies.. lol. We agreed I'd come up about a week after their vaccines. So I'll see Blue when he's 7 weeks. But that's still 1.5 weeks away..:crying:
    @JAKEISGREAT Thank you! Only a few block away??!! You must of been in bully heaven with all those puppies.
    @BruceP Thank you. Bat crap mad is exactly how I'm feeling..
    @cali~jenn The wrinkles.. OMG the wrinkles. Both Blue and his sister are very wrinkly now. Much more so than in the above pictures. They're just puddles of mush..lol. But yes, the breeder is great. And she really seems to try to better the breed with her litters.
    @dalmatina38 Thank you. The wait is painful! When is Ambers mom due?
    @2BullyMama Thank you. Was thinking the same thing, having Chris play with the girl for a bit. Just don't know if she'll still be available by the time we go up. There were 7 in the litter, but I think only 3 are still available.
    @Alice Kable Thank you. I think they make a great pair too. But yes, that's the plan- Chris will hold and play with her. I think I'm giving him a nervous breakdown.. lol..
    @PenelopeRosebud lol.. thank you. Blueberry Muffin is a cute name but it's very girly. Hope I don't give him a complex..

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

OMG too cute, i wouldnt be able to wait. keep wearing hubby down, everyone needs a bully or two. I have 2, they are litter mates, brother and sister, they are 10 mos old now, and their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. You could have a Blueberry and Raspberry.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads