OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@Blueberrys Mom..We have so many Bully's in our neighborhood..it's really quite weird! Every one of Jake's brothers live within 2 miles of each other..and there are many unrelated ones too! We call it the "Bullyhood"...:ROFL:

I know nothing about two pups at once..I guess I would equate to twins versus single birth..:eek:

:hmm: Thinking you better NOT use that as a pro..lol

We have lots of bullys here too. Will be fun to see how they all interact with each other.

Twins??! :blink: :eek:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] Thank you. I think it's the breeders policy not to let them go prior to 12 weeks. It's fine. My main concern is a healthy, social puppy.
[MENTION=3652]Lauren31287[/MENTION] I KNOW! I don't think there anything cuter than a bulldog pup either. :love: But from what I've been reading here, their little jaws teeth are well, not so cute :ohmy: lol

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
@ABEBD Thank you. I think it's the breeders policy not to let them go prior to 12 weeks. It's fine. My main concern is a healthy, social puppy.
@Lauren31287 I KNOW! I don't think there anything cuter than a bulldog pup either. :love: But from what I've been reading here, their little jaws teeth are well, not so cute :ohmy: lol

Lol those little puppy teeth can hurt! That's for sure! But then they give you that little innocent face and its sooooo hard to stay mad! :heart:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im thinking I would have to take both! It sounds like your breeder really cares for those puppies!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] I want both but, will see what happens.

Last edited:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I've heard that those few weeks help A LOT when it comes to bite inhibition. I got Tilly at 8 weeks, and she was like a furry shark. Apparently, they just learn those things better from their furry family. I'm sure it'll just make it easier for you in the long run!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=5755]hnhammond[/MENTION] I didn't know this, thanks. Will let you guys know if it worked.
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] lol.. they are aren't they. Puppies are so adorable.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It was actually a lot easier than I thought, and they are good company for each other, they always have each other to play with and they have each other when we are out. The only thing I would suggest is that they have separate crates , as we got one bigger one at first, and it was okay when they were little, but as they grew, one wanted to sleep and Blossom would want to play and she bugged her brother. We switched them to separate crates because they were getting bigger, and they just slept better. The best thing is to have a schedule. When we first brought them home, we took them out every hour or two, they ate 1 cup of kibble mixed with warm water at 8 am , then we crated them for 10 to 15 minutes to let their tummies settle, then back out for their duties. We took them out every hour or two during the day, they ate again at 2 pm 1 cup of kibble, out every hour, fed again 1 cup of kibble at 8 pm, welaced them in the crate for 10 mins after eating until their tummies settled. Their last walk was at 11 or 11:30 pm, and we took away their water after 8 pm. Each week or two we stretched the outings by an hour so they would learn to hold. I would set my cell phone for 2 am so they could go out for a pee , as the time from 11 pm to the morning is too long for them to hold. Then they would go out again at 6 am and the schedule would start again . It seems like a hard schedule, but whether you have 1 or 2 dogs, the schedule for training is the same, and it is just a temporary thing, just like a baby schedule. Eventually they hold longer and longer, and by the time were 5 months old they were totally trained, and I was able to eliminate the 2 am pee, and now they can hold for 5 or 6 hours, so it definetely gets easier. I hope you can convince your hubby to get Blueberrys sister too . In my case I wanted one puppy, I wanted to get a male, and when we went to,see him, my husband kept gravitating to Blossom, and saying look how cute, and sweet she is, he ended up bringing her home too, and she is really a sweetheart, they each have their own personalities and I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other today, I love them both. Here are some pictures of my 2 guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] OMG, how adorable are they. The 5th shot of them side by side.. :luv:

I spoke with hubs again about it, he understand the positives for Blue, but isn't sure we'd be able to handle 2 bully pups with both of us working. He does have a valid point but, I'm still thinking we can. Am going to think about it some more.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I checked with Lisa a few days ago and she thinks the end of this month. I am getting a full month of excitement; my granddaughter will be born on 18 Jan, this Friday and I go back to work on 28 Jan and that same week Ambers mom should be close to having her puppies. I am going up to Tucson as soon as Lisa says I can come and see them. Oh goody, goody, goody.......I am like a kid in a candy store, LOL!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think when you go and see Blue you should take the hubby with you .... he might cave when he's actually faced with all that bully puppy sweetness!!!

Most Reactions