The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The wait is killing me

@hnhammond I didn't know this, thanks. Will let you guys know if it worked.
    @Baconator lol.. they are aren't they. Puppies are so adorable.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

It was actually a lot easier than I thought, and they are good company for each other, they always have each other to play with and they have each other when we are out. The only thing I would suggest is that they have separate crates , as we got one bigger one at first, and it was okay when they were little, but as they grew, one wanted to sleep and Blossom would want to play and she bugged her brother. We switched them to separate crates because they were getting bigger, and they just slept better. The best thing is to have a schedule. When we first brought them home, we took them out every hour or two, they ate 1 cup of kibble mixed with warm water at 8 am , then we crated them for 10 to 15 minutes to let their tummies settle, then back out for their duties. We took them out every hour or two during the day, they ate again at 2 pm 1 cup of kibble, out every hour, fed again 1 cup of kibble at 8 pm, welaced them in the crate for 10 mins after eating until their tummies settled. Their last walk was at 11 or 11:30 pm, and we took away their water after 8 pm. Each week or two we stretched the outings by an hour so they would learn to hold. I would set my cell phone for 2 am so they could go out for a pee , as the time from 11 pm to the morning is too long for them to hold. Then they would go out again at 6 am and the schedule would start again . It seems like a hard schedule, but whether you have 1 or 2 dogs, the schedule for training is the same, and it is just a temporary thing, just like a baby schedule. Eventually they hold longer and longer, and by the time were 5 months old they were totally trained, and I was able to eliminate the 2 am pee, and now they can hold for 5 or 6 hours, so it definetely gets easier. I hope you can convince your hubby to get Blueberrys sister too . In my case I wanted one puppy, I wanted to get a male, and when we went to,see him, my husband kept gravitating to Blossom, and saying look how cute, and sweet she is, he ended up bringing her home too, and she is really a sweetheart, they each have their own personalities and I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other today, I love them both. Here are some pictures of my 2 guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Vikinggirl OMG, how adorable are they. The 5th shot of them side by side..

I spoke with hubs again about it, he understand the positives for Blue, but isn't sure we'd be able to handle 2 bully pups with both of us working. He does have a valid point but, I'm still thinking we can. Am going to think about it some more.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I checked with Lisa a few days ago and she thinks the end of this month. I am getting a full month of excitement; my granddaughter will be born on 18 Jan, this Friday and I go back to work on 28 Jan and that same week Ambers mom should be close to having her puppies. I am going up to Tucson as soon as Lisa says I can come and see them. Oh goody, goody, goody.......I am like a kid in a candy store, LOL!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

LOVE the name, hang in there.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I think when you go and see Blue you should take the hubby with you .... he might cave when he's actually faced with all that bully puppy sweetness!!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness, the extra weight is going to be so hard to bear, she's is beautiful! I got both Wilson and Emma right at 8 weeks, I sure enjoyed that puppy breath while it lasted.

I had two puppies at one time (Wilson and Jack) and all I have to say is OH MY!! It was wonderful and so tiring at the same time. I would do it all over again if I wasn't working, lol. Maybe your he will cave once he see the other.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@dalmatina38 OMG, huge congrats on the new grandbaby that's coming tomorrow. wow! you're going to a very busy lady these next few weeks..lol
    @LynnA Thank you. He looks like a muffin to me.. lol
    @kazzy220. Yep, he's coming. I'm still kind of undecided myself though. Just hoping the puppy cuteness doesn't deter us from reality. lol
    @JeannieCO That's exactly my fear. We both work full time. I'll be working from home 4 days a week for the first few months after we get him, but still- I'm scared of how tired I'll be with just one, but two.. On the other hand, even though we already have a dog walker lined up who'll come twice a day to play and walk him, it's not the same as having another bully for him to play with. Tough decision.

Oh.. and I received updated pics of him now at 6 weeks. It's amazing how fast and how much they change at this age.
    Last edited by nycbullymama; 01-18-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads