Interesting experience - need an advice

BillyDee

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
BillyDee
Hi all,
I joined this community to geta better insight on my current situation with my dog BillyDee.

My name is John and I am a teacher who workseverydayfor 5-6 hours.
Everytime i leavehome i feel bad for BillyDee. Wejust moved to a new apartment and i wasfeeling he is getting depressed.
In our old apartment, he used to be happy and and nowhe is just sitting there staring at me.
I heard that there is a new channel for dogs, so i started to leave the TV open for him with their content.
after 3 weeks withthis channel, which i amvery skeptical about, BillyDee seems to be calmer and from sitting with himduring evening time and watchingi cansee that he is actually reacting to the tv and its funny to watch. He sometimesbarks at the TV and sometimes he is just jumping around when the other dogsjump or play.
I think this is fantastic.

Has anyone here heard about this thing or tried it?
I would love to hear more comments or opinions on the above.
Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
He is probably just nervous about his new environment. Give him time to adjust to his new home, he will be his old self in no time. Leaving the tv on will comfort him in that he will be hearing sounds all day. I honestly don't think what channel the tv is on, as long as he isn't in complete silence.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I always leave my TV on for my critters. But my cats would oT be happy with a channel for dogs..and honestly..I do it so there is noise for them. Voices and just not Ilene. If it works for Billy Dee..that is all that is important!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We leave the radio on for our kids! When I was teaching 7th grade, way back in the 80s, we had Sherman (Bulldog) and I sometimes took him to school with me on Fridays. Now there are probably too many liability issues, but Sherman loved it and so did the kids!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is probably just nervous about his new environment. Give him time to adjust to his new home, he will be his old self in no time. Leaving the tv on will comfort him in that he will be hearing sounds all day. I honestly don't think what channel the tv is on, as long as he isn't in complete silence.

^^^ agreed! We recently moved and were living in an apartmetn for 4 months waiting for our house to be built. Banks was very depressed and not herself while we were there.. once in the new house, it took a few weeks but she settled right in. Give him some time and if leaving a TV or radio on helps then use it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with the others, he will adjust to the new place soon, and if the TV works then that is good. Would love to see pics of your bully.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hej John and BillyDee:) I've heard that bulldogs are sensitive to changes and I believe that to be true. Our Boeboe had a nervous fit when I put up a new clock on the wall, and it took her many days to get over it. I'm home with our bullies all day long, still they're not completely happy until my husband comes home:) One of may things I love with bulldogs are their way of showing feelings<3

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
We once borrowed a movie called the cat sitter( I think that's what it was called) from friends. It had all sorts of animals, birds chirping, squirrels, hamsters and more making all sorts of sounds. It scared the cats, they ran and hid.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We found with Bacon that he reacts really well to Jazz, if we are home and cooking in the kitchen he gets antsy because he wants attention and will whine/cry until you go give him some lovies. If you throw on a jazz station on pandora he just chills out and falls asleep.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I haven't heard of that channel what a cleaver idea ... my 3 are home together and I'm sure the sounds of snoring next to them keep them pretty happy but might start leaving some back ground noise on for them.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My aunt has that channel for her lab and everytime they leave she puts it on! Her lab loves it! I think over time it will feel more like home right now its just a little new. Please keep us updated!

OP
B

BillyDee

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
BillyDee
WOW!
Thank you all for your kind replies! this is really amazing!
I know that maybe the whole new environment thing is what makes him feel a little sad but i thought new environment also means new experiences.
i must say again that you are a great community!

Last edited by a moderator:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
WOW!
Thank you all for your kind replies! this is really amazing!
I know that maybe the whole new environment thing is what makes him feel a little sad but i thought new environment also means new experiences and new adventures!!!

about the channel and website for all those who are curious, I actually received one free month to try it which was extra nice.
I am aware of the forum rules so I wont post it here unless a MOD will allow it.
Are we allowed to post sites and URLS?
I dont want to break the rules...

i must say again that you are a great community!

Thank you for following the forum rules. You may not post the url because that would be posting a link to a non sponsor site. And quite frankly, would anyone ever pay for sponsorship if we gave away free access to just any site? Most people will have a cable or dish TV company in their area that they can enquire about the service if they choose. :)

It's funny how some bullies are. Many are very OCD and don't accept anything changing in their little worlds. Others could care less. Some actually do interact with TV programs and other's ignore them.
I'm not sure if a channel specifically for dogs would be any more use than just leaving the TV on for them on whatever channel you happened to choose, but for some perhaps it would be more helpful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.