Hello Everyone.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is my plan for Friday..

I will need to visit the house/kennel of the Breeder. I will need see proof of AKC papers on both parents. I would need to see health certifications ( sire and dam) and puppy , and purchase contract. I need to VET papers on parents and puppy. I am going to have him take me to the VET that he goes, so I can ask the veterinarian how healthy is the mom and dad. I am going to ask how is the temperament of the sire and dam is. Also i got a question. I know when i have the AKC papers on my hand, I can look up the registration of the puppy correct? Also, I will be able to determine if the parents he showed me are really the parents or not. I cant tell by the AKC papers. Since I will be seeing the AKC papers for the SIRE AND DAM and when I have the AKC papers for the puppy, It should match the moms n dads name on paper correct?.

Yes..there should be a clear trail..but let's get [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] back to help on the papers..and/or [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Very good on your questions Luis.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The pup papers will have the sire and dam's name and AKC number on them.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
The pup papers will have the sire and dam's name and AKC number on them.

Exactly. I will see the pup papers and the parents papers. The sire and dam's name on the pups paper should match all the info on the PARENTS papers correct?

The name and AKC number of the parents on their own AKC papers should match up with the info that it displays on the pups papers? I am not sure if you guys understand my question or not. Sorry for the misunderstanding and the confusion. lol

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Also just want to let you guys know, if I do get this pup, it will not be for breeding! It will be only be as family member! :) No breeding for this pup.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=7819]luis323[/MENTION], yes the papers will match, or they should any ways.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7819]luis323[/MENTION].... wow, great job on doing your research and getting your thoughts/questions all set up and ready to go.

Best of luck and please keep us posted. This little girl sure is a beauty

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Thank you all for the advice and information ! I will keep you guys posted!! :) . I have more questions. Im sorry!

When I look at the VET papers, what exactly should I look for. What are the name of the shots it should be listed on the Vet paper?
If someone can post up a pic showing and indicating what has to be on the paper. Name of vaccines, and other stuff.

Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you all for the advice and information ! I will keep you guys posted!! :) . I have more questions. Im sorry!

When I look at the VET papers, what exactly should I look for. What are the name of the shots it should be listed on the Vet paper?
If someone can post up a pic showing and indicating what has to be on the paper. Name of vaccines, and other stuff.

Thanks!

Hi Luis, so glad you are doing your homework. A home breeder shall always welcome the buyer into their home and show you how and where the pup sleeps and eats. I see you have a Mexico flag. Is that where you live now? and the breeder too?

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hi Luis, so glad you are doing your homework. A home breeder shall always welcome the buyer into their home and show you how and where the pup sleeps and eats. I see you have a Mexico flag. Is that where you live now? and the breeder too?

Hi Sherry. I live in the USA. I am Mexican-American. I was born and raised in Los Angeles,California. I recently moved to North Carolina for work. The IT company that I work for moved me down here.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Sherry. I live in the USA. I am Mexican-American. I was born and raised in Los Angeles,California. I recently moved to North Carolina for work. The IT company that I work for moved me down here.

Ok that makes sense , cause I wasn't sure how things were done in Mexico, I thought maybe things were done different, perhaps puppy mills were more acceptable there. :*(
thanks for clarifying

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Ok that makes sense , cause I wasn't sure how things were done in Mexico, I thought maybe things were done different, perhaps puppy mills were more acceptable there. :*(
thanks for clarifying

No problem.. Eww puppy mills, not a big fan.. lol - I'm excited for Friday. I hope all goes well and I can verify everything is well! I want to take the cute little puppy home. I already have a name for her too. Well actually my wife already has a name.

I am just curious, on what am I suppose to be looking at when I see the VET papers on the puppy and sire and dam. :p

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No problem.. Eww puppy mills, not a big fan.. lol - I'm excited for Friday. I hope all goes well and I can verify everything is well! I want to take the cute little puppy home. I already have a name for her too. Well actually my wife already has a name.

I am just curious, on what am I suppose to be looking at when I see the VET papers on the puppy and sire and dam. :p

every vaccine has a label on the bottle, that label should be attached to the vet vaccine certification, also the vet should sign off that the pup is health guaranteed but also you want to take the pup to your vet within three days of purchase , picking up

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
every vaccine has a label on the bottle, that label should be attached to the vet vaccine certification, also the vet should sign off that the pup is health guaranteed but also you want to take the pup to your vet within three days of purchase , picking up

I remember seeing the VET paper and don't recall seeing that. I saw what the vet put for comments for the puppy. I saw the signature of the vet. I will definitely will take it to the vet. I'm very excited.
I should see in the paper atleast 2-3 shots on the puppy correct? I only saw a paper from the VET but saw no vaccine certification attached to the paper he showed me.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
The puppy is 11weeks old.

Most Reactions