Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 54

Thread: Hello Everyone.

  1. #25
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Hi Luis, so glad you are doing your homework. A home breeder shall always welcome the buyer into their home and show you how and where the pup sleeps and eats. I see you have a Mexico flag. Is that where you live now? and the breeder too?

    Hi Sherry. I live in the USA. I am Mexican-American. I was born and raised in Los Angeles,California. I recently moved to North Carolina for work. The IT company that I work for moved me down here.

  2. #26
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    Hi Sherry. I live in the USA. I am Mexican-American. I was born and raised in Los Angeles,California. I recently moved to North Carolina for work. The IT company that I work for moved me down here.

    Ok that makes sense , cause I wasn't sure how things were done in Mexico, I thought maybe things were done different, perhaps puppy mills were more acceptable there.
    thanks for clarifying
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #27
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Ok that makes sense , cause I wasn't sure how things were done in Mexico, I thought maybe things were done different, perhaps puppy mills were more acceptable there.
    thanks for clarifying
    No problem.. Eww puppy mills, not a big fan.. lol - I'm excited for Friday. I hope all goes well and I can verify everything is well! I want to take the cute little puppy home. I already have a name for her too. Well actually my wife already has a name.

    I am just curious, on what am I suppose to be looking at when I see the VET papers on the puppy and sire and dam.

  4. #28
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    No problem.. Eww puppy mills, not a big fan.. lol - I'm excited for Friday. I hope all goes well and I can verify everything is well! I want to take the cute little puppy home. I already have a name for her too. Well actually my wife already has a name.

    I am just curious, on what am I suppose to be looking at when I see the VET papers on the puppy and sire and dam.

    every vaccine has a label on the bottle, that label should be attached to the vet vaccine certification, also the vet should sign off that the pup is health guaranteed but also you want to take the pup to your vet within three days of purchase , picking up
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  5. #29
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    every vaccine has a label on the bottle, that label should be attached to the vet vaccine certification, also the vet should sign off that the pup is health guaranteed but also you want to take the pup to your vet within three days of purchase , picking up

    I remember seeing the VET paper and don't recall seeing that. I saw what the vet put for comments for the puppy. I saw the signature of the vet. I will definitely will take it to the vet. I'm very excited.
    I should see in the paper atleast 2-3 shots on the puppy correct? I only saw a paper from the VET but saw no vaccine certification attached to the paper he showed me.

  6. #30
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    The puppy is 11weeks old.

  7. #31
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    I remember seeing the VET paper and don't recall seeing that. I saw what the vet put for comments for the puppy. I saw the signature of the vet. I will definitely will take it to the vet. I'm very excited.
    I should see in the paper atleast 2-3 shots on the puppy correct? I only saw a paper from the VET but saw no vaccine certification attached to the paper he showed me.

    This is how I had conducted the sale of my pups and also pups I had purchased in the past. I live in the state of PA

    yes the puppy should have at least 2 vaccines so far and worming's
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  8. #32
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    This is how I had conducted the sale of my pups and also pups I had purchased in the past. I live in the state of PA

    yes the puppy should have at least 2 vaccines so far and worming's

    Ok sounds good. I will definitely look into that more.

  9. #33
    Pet Sitter gobronco's Avatar
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Like others the warning signs are going off. The breeders, we got our bulldogs from, always seemed to Be interviewing us to Make sure their puppies were going to the right home. We always met at their house. On the other hand if everything checks out, that is one cute Bully. Wishing you the best in your search for your puppy. They are worth the effort.

  10. #34
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by gobronco View Post
    Like others the warning signs are going off. The breeders, we got our bulldogs from, always seemed to Be interviewing us to Make sure their puppies were going to the right home. We always met at their house. On the other hand if everything checks out, that is one cute Bully. Wishing you the best in your search for your puppy. They are worth the effort.
    Thanks! I appreciate everyone help and advice!

  11. #35
    Bully Bootie Duty Hstead's Avatar
    Location
    Ironton OH
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    When we bought ours, the breeder was very much interested in us and where the dog would be going. We always went to their house and they had six bulldogs, two liters of pups, and all lived in the house or the very nice building they built for just the dogs, indoors, heated and cooled, basically a barn. They rotated three in the house and three in the barn because all six in the house with two litters of pups was too much they said. The house was modest in size. We got to play with the sire and the dam, both were very gentle and friendly. I would worry about a breeder that wouldn't invite you to the house. I had one of the eight breeders I contacted that wanted me to wait a week before she would "arrange and appointment" and even then nothing was certain, and I eliminated her quickly. The other seven were all eager for me to come see the pups in their environment.

  12. #36
    Bully Bootie Duty luis323's Avatar
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Hello Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hstead View Post
    When we bought ours, the breeder was very much interested in us and where the dog would be going. We always went to their house and they had six bulldogs, two liters of pups, and all lived in the house or the very nice building they built for just the dogs, indoors, heated and cooled, basically a barn. They rotated three in the house and three in the barn because all six in the house with two litters of pups was too much they said. The house was modest in size. We got to play with the sire and the dam, both were very gentle and friendly. I would worry about a breeder that wouldn't invite you to the house. I had one of the eight breeders I contacted that wanted me to wait a week before she would "arrange and appointment" and even then nothing was certain, and I eliminated her quickly. The other seven were all eager for me to come see the pups in their environment.
    I will def keep that in the mind. Hope all goes well for me on Friday!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •