bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I have found someone that has a english bulldog male 6 years old that needs a home bella is almost 2, any suggestions on adopting one that much older than her, he is adorable as they all are!!:ashamed:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
The only thing I could think of with age is that some aren't as tolerant of crazy, hyper youngens but by the age of 2 I bet Bella is past that stage. Other than that you are just looking at typical health issues that arise from age.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
If he doesn't have any health issues that would prevent him from playing or rough housing with Bella, I think she will be the decision maker. If she accepts him into the pack your good to go lol.

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
i would deff take bella to meet sam and see how that works out before i made a final decision, ive only seen his pic he is so cute, looks like a grumpy lil man lol

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
no major health problems just ear drops his current mom says

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
i would deff take bella to meet sam and see how that works out before i made a final decision, ive only seen his pic he is so cute, looks like a grumpy lil man lol

Definitly. We let Ruckus meet Lola on neutral ground first, then we brought Lola home to see how it would go on Ruckus's turf.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sounds like you got some good advice already. Sam sounds like a sweetheart. Must have been a reason why he came into your life this way...I wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing how things go.:2thumbs:

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks to you all for the great advice, so glad for this web site!! will keep you posted :-)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
All good advice , and I agree it depends on his health and if he has any issues, you could ask his owner to show you his past vet records, and also a quick checkup by the vet would ease your mind. Also a meet up at a neutral place with both dogs to see if they get along is a great idea. Adopting an older dog is rewarding, he's already trained, and has lots of love still in him to give. Good luck, I hope it works out for you and Bella and Sam. Keep us posted , and if it works out for you.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

This. See how they do. Let them play in your yard a bit before bringing them inside.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Definitely let them meet on neutral ground and see how they do together.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.