How does your bully let you know he has to go?

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
It took Remi a while. At first we were a slave to scheduled potty breaks because he really gave no warning other than a little subtle sniffing before peeing or poohing on the floor.

Now, he rings his bells. I LOVE IT.

How did you train with ringing a bell?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola goes to the door and sits there to let me know or she will quietly so a little bark to let me know she is at the door!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks will either stand and stare at us or do what I call 'bully pee-pee dance' -- she stares at us and if no reaction, she will take he back legs and sort of tap her nails on the floor to get us to look at her, then she barks. If we ask ' do you have to go potty? she will respond with one very loud/sharp bark

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
When Boadie needs to go he will bark at the back door. He is now 9 months old, such a good boy! Uni is also very good and smart, she does not bark but knows when we sit in the living room and watch TV that we can not see her at the back door so instead she will go to the front door and look at us, waiting for us to take her out the back door. We never let them out the front door only the back, and she does not bark to go out so she learned this one all on her own. :clap2:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk is very quiet, only when playing with other dogs or when he sees someone in his backyard does he vocalize. So in the beginning (the first 4-6weeks) he had no real way or telling us he had to go! We go bells from a local shop, we have them on the front and back doors, he just rings them with his nose when he needs to go out! it worked the 1st week!! although now he also rings them if he wants to go out, say to sniff something, or say hi to a neighbor. but HEY, there hasn't been and accident in my house in almost 2 months now, so I'll take it!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We have a doggy door too but Bacon usually only uses it during the day when he's home alone in his day pen. At night or on weekends he will go sit by the back door until we let him out. If he goes un-noticed eventually he will use the doggy door.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston goes to the door and just sits there staring at it, if I don't see him right away he will eventually make his little chewbacca noises LOL!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse goes and sits by the door and if we dont notice he will give a bark as if to say hurry up.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess stares at the back door and if you wait to long she will go right there 💩

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
freddyisagirlsname

freddyisagirlsname

Jan 4, 2013
Key West, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Iggy
Thanks for the responses everyone! I heard from a few friends that the bell method works great, so maybe I will get one this weekend and start training. :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My dogs go on a schedule. I work from home and I don't want the dogs barking or interrupting my work schedule. So they sit by my feet until it's go-out-time and we all pile out to the backyard while I clear my head too. Works perfect for all of us.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Karly will push the back door open and go outside...Nigel will stand in front of the door and whine at me to let him out.
I'll usually put them out when they wake up from long naps. Nigel sleeps with me and when he wakes up and needs to be put out
he'll just come and put his face in my face. I find it quite amusing to open my eyes and see him right there.
Good luck on your training!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online