Afraid of TV?

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Does anyone else have a Bullie who is afraid of the tv? :confused:

Bacon hadn't really noticed the tv til last weekend when he was sitting on the couch with us while we were watching Alice in Wonderland. He was sitting there looking @ the tv, and you could see him watching what was going on, and then out of nowhere a huge animal jumps onto the screen and at that moment Bacon Jumped about 6 ft in the air!:eek: It was hilarious!
Ever since we have noticed him constantly watching the tv when its on... but the weird thing is he constantly growling @ it, and hiding like hes scared, it doesnt matter what is on. Anyone else experience this?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
We've never had that reaction except for with scarey noises or dogs barking. For the safety of my tv i cant wtach movies with cats or cats meowing because Georgia has tried to eat the tv before lol.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
oh my.. nope, he WATCHES it!! :yes:

61055_1606688495690_1490491833_1561371_746773_n.jpg

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie and Ida haven't really paid very much attention to the TV. When they do notice it, they just sit and watch. I don't think they have any opinion one way or another.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will watch TV, when Ceaser Milan the dog whisperer is on he just sits and cocks his head one way than the other when the dogs bark, but he has never been scared, barked or growled at the TV.

This is Vegas sitting on the couch watching The Dog Whisperer

Oct2decorations002.jpg

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
when we have avatar on or marmaduke lex will stop what he is doing and watch the movies. on maramaduke everytime the "bully dog" comes on he will bark at him and other little scenes but never been scared of tvs

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When Vegas was a baby and we first started leaving him home alone for the day, I would put Baby Einstein on continuous play for him. I was previewing a copy of one of the episodes and it stopped Vegas in his tracks...he sat down and he followed the puppet back and forth across the screen. I was amazed. When the puppet disappeared from the screen, he would cock his head and keep his eyes on the area of the tv it disappeared from. When it would reappear on the other side...it would confuse him..but he would pick up on following the puppet. From there on, I put his kennel in front of the TV with baby Einstein on continuous play...to babysit. That was probably the first time I treated him like a child. We'd had him for 2 weeks. It hasn't stopped since.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When Vegas was a baby and we first started leaving him home alone for the day, I would put Baby Einstein on continuous play for him. I was previewing a copy of one of the episodes and it stopped Vegas in his tracks...he sat down and he followed the puppet back and forth across the screen. I was amazed. When the puppet disappeared from the screen, he would cock his head and keep his eyes on the area of the tv it disappeared from. When it would reappear on the other side...it would confuse him..but he would pick up on following the puppet. From there on, I put his kennel in front of the TV with baby Einstein on continuous play...to babysit. That was probably the first time I treated him like a child. We'd had him for 2 weeks. It hasn't stopped since.

Vegas is a genius :)

Samson watches TV sometimes but it never scares him. Are you talikng about the new Alice in wonderland? I can see that being scary at times for pups.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
im sure, we are gonna watch the new alice and wonderland this weekend well hopefully since its gonna consist of baseball and football...YAY!!! lol... but im curious now to see what lex will think about it!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have two miniature schnauzers and one of them, Brandi, is ecstatic every time she sees or hears a dog on the tv. She'll bark and run up to the tv then come to each one of us whining as if to tell us that there's a dog on the screen!

Maggie used to ignore the tv, but recently we've discovered that if we pause it she finds it VERY annoying - and she lets us know about it. She will bark at the tv and us until we start it playing again!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have two miniature schnauzers and one of them, Brandi, is ecstatic every time she sees or hears a dog on the tv. She'll bark and run up to the tv then come to each one of us whining as if to tell us that there's a dog on the screen!

Maggie used to ignore the tv, but recently we've discovered that if we pause it she finds it VERY annoying - and she lets us know about it. She will bark at the tv and us until we start it playing again!

UPDATE .... as I posted the above reply the kids are in the other room playing Wii. They have to throw a frisbee for a dog, and Brandi the (slightly insane) miniature schnauzer is running around to tell us all there's a dog on the screen!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My dogs love Black Beauty and anything else with animals on it.

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
lol this is funny. Bacon so far doesn't like Alice in Wonderland or Shrek (he growls @ the tv when they're on) but he sure likes family guy! :p
Hes getting better about not growling @ it as much either. Maybe it was just new to him. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.