Diesel

Jan 11, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Well he yelped a little last night. wake up this morning he's screaming(my 7 year old daughter woke them up). He's currently snoring on the couch next to me and Blaze is on my feet.

He's very playful and chews alot(my poor toes!!!)

Definately gotta get a crate tho he left me poo presents in 3 spots in my kitchen. Dont know what they where feeding him. I feed my dogs pedigree(I'm not too fond of any of the newer food. too many recalls with diamond products and they make ALOT of products!). 207627_136721246487595_1622319311_n.jpg

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Aww what a sweet heart. Has anyone talked to you yet about Fromm??? It's a great dog food that a lottttt of ppl here feed their bullies!!!! Unfortunately I haven't bought it yet not until her blue buffalo is gone but most ppl here swear by it. Pedigree isn't a great brand believe it or not so many fillers n preservatives but anyways I'm not a food guru just learning about it :) lol!!!!!! Do u have a night time potty plan set up for diesel????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E
Jan 11, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I worry bout food because during the recall with one food my siamese got sick from it and i had to euthanise him because of liver failure. So I worry about food. Besides Pedigree my dogs have always gotten cooked meals along with their dog food. 1 egg a week shell and all, fresh baby carrots, the occassional apple that Blaze kidnaps off the stand.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Oh yeah I can completely understand that :( I'm so sorry about your kitty!!!! Well any questions u may have about food there's lotssssss of ppl here who can suggest stuff for u even raw home cooked meals!!! I'm learning slowly since we just discovered our girl has allergies so I've been delving into the confusing world of dog food lol!!!! As far as crating I can't help u we never crated but again a lotttttttt of ppl here have so I'm sure if u have questions there again n someone can help :) now if u ever need help with potty training, mouthing, or cherry eye I can help :D lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i can certainly understand your concern with pet food and recalls. i myself stay away from diamond products for that reason. just to many for my comfort. i do have to say though that there are much better foods than pedigree out there. we have a food ratings chart here and well pedigree is filled with things just not good for dogs. there are many companies out there that have had no recalls that make a better food. earthborn is used somewhat here and its not to expensive compared to other foods. fromm is very well received by bullies. blue buffalo is used here to some degree the grain free wilderness. i can certainly help you with anything food wise that you need. now crate training that is another can of worms.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would switch from pedigree personally. I do understand your concern, we all share it I think. Diamond products aren't something I would buy. The recalls are very scary and I ave seen them in foods that I never thought I would. I like Fromm a lot personally for my babies but so many great foods work well for many here. Nvi is another that I have been curious to try but never have.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like you survived the first night! :bravo:

Check out the dog food and nutrition section, we have dog food ratings in there, and how to understand dog food ingredients. We all learn from each other and now that we use quality food I rarely have to take my bulldogs to the vet :up: Knock on wood!!! Before I used to be in and out of the vets and it costed me a small fortune! Of course learning from others on EBN about all the care, (not just dog food) has had a great deal in making that happen.

Here is the link to dog food and nutrition: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=194-dog-food-and-nutrition

OP
E
Jan 11, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Diamond makes:
DIamond brand
taste of wild
petlovers
costcos
solid gold
4health
nutrogold

they used to make canidea as well

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are all snuggled up ... so cute!

Food is the make or break with these babies... my personal choice was raw until Banks developed colitis... now she is on Fromm Beef Fratatta

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.