Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
What type of water do you give your Bullies?

Tap Water
Filtered Water
Bottled Water
Spring Water
Distilled Water

I have read on here that some people give their Bulldogs filtered or Distilled water, I gave tap water in the beginning, and then started using my Brita Filter, but find its not convenient because you have to wait for the water to pass through the filter before you can use it, then you have to refill it. I sent hubby to the store to buy Distilled water, but he brought spring water home. Which is better Distilled, bottled , or Spring water? , or does it matter. I know tap water isn't so good because of the chlorine and other chemicals , but not sure if one type of water is better than another, or are all the bottled waters the same? Is it safe to give Distilled water? And do they lack any natural minerals, normally found in tap water? I'm Water confused, any help would be appreciated.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
When my grandma was alive and breeding and showing English Bulldogs, she gave her dogs well water, since they didn't have running water at their house. My house has a whole house filter, so all the water coming into my house is filtered.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I know what you mean with the Brita pitcher...that is what I use. It is a pain but I just try to make sure it is full and ready. I am also not a fan of the chlorine and stuff in the water so I don't want the dogs drinking that either. However, they then go outside and eat dirty snow, drink from gross puddles in the yard, etc so I don't know how much of an impact the bowl of filtered water is doing.....

oh and I drink tap water LOL! The Brita water is only for them (much to my BF's exasperation) :rolleyes:

but since he is a scientist, here is the info he told me.
Spring water is direct from a spring, so it will be full of minerals and other elements. It is untouched, natural water.
Distilled water could be any water that is boiled, but then the vapours are recondensed so it is basic water with no minerals. Distilled water is not considered that beneficial because there are no minerals or trace elements. And check the source, it could just be tap water.
Filtered water takes junk and "bad" chemicals like chlorine out of the water,
Tap water would have whatever your municipality has going on (chlorine, fluoride, etc).

Last edited:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I used to have one of those filters that fit onto the faucet (I think it was a Pur) but it kept falling off so I replaced it with an under the sink water filter that I love.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We use filtered water, we have the filter that goes right on the faucet! makes things quick and easy! We tried bottled water in the beginning but we went through wayyy too much of it wayy to fast lol!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use the water that comes directly through the refrigerator. It is also filtered. My pup doesn't like his water if it has been sitting for a while so we keep a recirculating filter in his water bowl, too.

Spring or bottled water are good, if you choose, but I wouldn't give them distilled water. It is intended to be used for machines that require water like irons, sleep apnea machines, steam cleaners, etc.... While its not toxic, it also doesn't have essential minerals in it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I give Herman Aquafina (purified/filtered) and I have a big filtered container that, like you said, takes forever to fill up. But that's the back up water :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
tap water from the great lakes..Toronto has really good water. i drink it!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I just use tap water. We are fortunate enough to have really great tap water in Boston!

Members online

No members online now.