Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Poor Chance he has had a rough day ... he was neutered today, when I finally got to pick him he didn't know which end was up! He stumbled around like he was completely drunk, but he is safe back here with me and is resting quietly .... the pictures attached were taken in the truck on the way home:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

He grumbled at me all the way home, like he was telling me everything that happened ... to say the least, he was not a happy camper!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awww poor boy, but he will be back to normal tomorrow. Glad everything went well today.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It's the medications and coming off the anesthetic that are causing the drunkenness, but by tomorrow he'll be back to normal. I had Dozer neutered 3 months ago when he was 7 months old , and he did great. The hardest part is keeping them quiet and not letting them jump for a week, Dozer ran around like he never had surgery lol. You just have to keep them quiet, check the suture sight daily for 1 week, to make sure there is no redness or swelling, they may pee more often for a day or so after the surgery , due to the extra fluids from the IV during surgery, also they was that they will may have some pee accidents as well from the medications, or sometimes they can develop a bladder infection post surgery which can also cause them to pee more often. I just took him out a little more frequently for the first couple of days just to be cautious. They heal pretty quickly, and are back to themselves before you know it. The only other thing I found out about after the surgery is that they will continue to hump you for a couple of months , due to the hormones. Testosterone levels can take a while to leave their bodies. Hoping Chance had a speedy recovery, sending hugs and love. The good thing that's happened to Dozer after the surgery is that he settled down a lot, and is much more mellow, and he doesn't try to hump his sister anymore.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
It's the medications and coming off the anesthetic that are causing the drunkenness, but by tomorrow he'll be back to normal. I had Dozer neutered 3 months ago when he was 7 months old , and he did great. The hardest part is keeping them quiet and not letting them jump for a week, Dozer ran around like he never had surgery lol. You just have to keep them quiet, check the suture sight daily for 1 week, to make sure there is no redness or swelling, they may pee more often for a day or so after the surgery , due to the extra fluids from the IV during surgery, also they was that they will may have some pee accidents as well from the medications, or sometimes they can develop a bladder infection post surgery which can also cause them to pee more often. I just took him out a little more frequently for the first couple of days just to be cautious. They heal pretty quickly, and are back to themselves before you know it. The only other thing I found out about after the surgery is that they will continue to hump you for a couple of months , due to the hormones. Testosterone levels can take a while to leave their bodies. Hoping Chance had a speedy recovery, sending hugs and love. The good thing that's happened to Dozer after the surgery is that he settled down a lot, and is much more mellow, and he doesn't try to hump his sister anymore.

If Chance gets any more calm, he would be in a coma! LOL He is a super mellow guy but then he is around 4 years old also so he is way past his puppy days ... he and Diesel are so funny because they wonder around the house like a couple of grumpy old men but if you look past the grumpy look they are both just the sweetest boys ever!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. My Dozer is like that too, he is so laid back, he doesn't care what you do to him, he's so mellow, and after he was fixed, he just got more goofier and lovable

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Thanks for posting this Bulldogs4me! Chunk goes for the same in 2 weeks, and I've been reading post-op care, but it's better to hear from people who have already been through it!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww baby wishing Chance a speedy recovery!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Chance is going to only get sweeter and goofier (if that's possible LOL) now that he no longer has to navigate the frustration of not being able to breed.

Good Job :heart: Bully Mama!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah... sweet pics of him. hope he is continuing to do well

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.