Bulldogs Are So Smart!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Debo fake locks himself in the bathroom!
Sometimes I'll lock Debo out of my bedroom & he will go in the bathroom & scratch the door & bark like he is locked in there! So I come out to let him out & he is not even locked in! Haha! So smart!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Spoiled!
Haha! I love your avatar!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, they are smart little buggers.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Smart and stubborn!

This. Exactly. I was overwhelmed by how quickly Elly picks up new commands. And I'm almost equally overwhelmed with how she only wants to do them on her terms. :D

Nevertheless, she's been a pleasure to work with. I honestly put her intelligence at or just slightly below my sister's GSD. I've made it a point of being really firm with her, so the stubbornness hasn't been TOO much of an issue so far.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
They are very smart & stubborn! It's so cute!

Sweetpeasmom, how many inches of snow do you think you have!? It's so deep here it's almost as tall as Debo!!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I don't know how smart they are, but smart enough to worm his Bully self on my furniture and completely ruin my "no doggies on furniture rule". :ROFL: Ohhhh and that was in his first hour home! We did read on some website where they rated breeds by intelligence from 1-100. Bully's came in at 98!!!!! :wtf:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well..I don't know how smart they are, but smart enough to worm his Bully self on my furniture and completely ruin my "no doggies on furniture rule". :ROFL: Ohhhh and that was in his first hour home! We did read on some website where they rated breeds by intelligence from 1-100. Bully's came in at 98!!!!! :wtf:

We resemble that!!! ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

well, whoever made up the list most likely never had any long term experience with a bully

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
I think the intelligence rankings are largely based on trainability. As we all know (probably too well!) bulldogs can be very stubborn and difficult to train, which attributes to their low ranking.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.