Kong harness

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I just bought Sarge and Lou Lou new Kong harness , I ordered large for both of them and they dont fit, the brest plate goes to far up their neck,
and a medium would be too small. I need some good suggestions on a harness that would fit a bulldog.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] I use the kong harness with the breast plate for my French bulldog and it just fits her, not a big fan of it but it works for her. But for Gio I use the "Kong harness with traffic loop for dogs" I LOVE this harness. Lots of straps that adjust, it doesn't have the breast plate which I personally think fits better for an EB (or at least Gio).

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I use an Easy walk harness, I have a picture posted somewhere on here yesterday, Walking the Dog is the name of the post, all of the straps are adjustable. Did you take measurements off them before you ordered?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Was going to suggest the Easy Walk Harness as well, especially if Sarge and Lulu like to pull when walking. I've seen the Kong ones at the store and they look very nice.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I use a step in harness, once I got it adjusted right it works really well and the dogs seem to be comfortable in it ...

attachment.php

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
[h=5]Dog Harness - special adjustable[/h]MSRP: $24.57
Price: $20.59
You Save: $3.98 (16 %)

This harness was designed for Basset hounds and English Bulldogs. Any dog, however, with a wide chest and short legs will benefit from this

This is what I ordered for Sarge and Lou Lou. He got a blue one and hers is hot pink. they will custom make them if you want a special size

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I like the step in harness it fits just right on Franklin it doesn't go up on the neck an I love that

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I really like the Ezydog harnesses. Both styles are easy on - just put their heads through and snap around their bellies - no stepping into. Both styes fit low across the chest bone so there's no pressure on the neck at all. I used the quick fit first, to make sure I liked it and until Tank's growing slowed. Then I splurged for the higher end Convert harness - it sits very much like a saddle fits a horse.

Tank and I both give these harnesses 2 paws up :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357967731.871656.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357967731.871656.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 82
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357967741.277088.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357967741.277088.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 85

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I use the Ferplast Ergonomic Harness for Lucy and Billy...they are a perfect fit and don't pull on their necks :)

Not sure if you can get them over there but would be worth a search on the www. They really are perfect. x

azy5uzez.jpg

Nice harness but looks like it is available East of the Atlantic only. Didnt see a US outlet.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I use the step in harness but need to upgrade to one that doesn't allow Ruggles to pull when he sees one of his friends on the street. Now that it is snowy and icy he pulled me down in a slippery intersection. Now I have to use his "necklace" because I don't want to do another face plant!

Attachments

• After Bath Naps and New Harnesses 017.jpg
    After Bath Naps and New Harnesses 017.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 185

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
How odd. We use the Kong Harness with the breastplate for Winston and he does just fine with it. He's a hefty 55lbs, so I think we got the extra large one.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I second the Ezydog harnesses! The Convert especially is easy on and off and super durable! Heres Tonka modelling lol.
manadeny.jpg

That is their chest plate harness. Tonka was maybe 4 months there I think.
tupa8ase.jpg

That is the Convert. It is more expensive but worth every penny. Tonka was maybe 6 months when we got the large and hes now almost a year and 55lbs and he still has lots of room to grow in it. Now it even has customizable side badges instead of the Ezydog one you see! They have Toughguy and Loverboy or whatever you can think of lol.

Word of caution, if your bully is a non walker like mine started out, being that he would pull backwards and not want to walk sometimes DO NOT get the Ezydog quickfit harness, They can back out of it. Seems like a great idea at the time and now my brothers border collie owns it :p

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online