Overbite?

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
I had a lady say my dog was poorly bread due to having a big over bite?? Is that true?? her breeder is a reputable one in the Tulsa Ok area and in the AKC breeding program, her kennel actually has an article written saying she was the best kennel in the OK area. This lady who saw my dog in pictures even said she prob has spina bifida....I was like I had her checked with our vet and he gave her a clean health bill and this is no ordinary vet he specializes in the breed and people fly all over the world to see him. I have never in my life heard such a thing, what do yall think..this was on our puppy page we breed them and our girl has 12 champion's in her line. She also stated that our puppies weren't true English bulldogs bc they have pink noses I explained to her that they are born with pink noses and develop the pigment in time...if she looked at their weekly pics she would've seen the noses and black freckles forming and getting black each day...I'm just dumb founded right now. People really need to research things!!

Attachments

• SDC14747.jpg
    SDC14747.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 735
  • SDC14749.jpg
    SDC14749.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,087

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
They look like EBD to me and beautiful at that. I tell you some peolple need to just keep their mouth shut if they can't say something nice.

When I was showing my pugdog and my female got runner up in show another pug lady said she shouldn't have won as she has got this and that and mine is better - well you guesed it I will never show again because as much a there are nice people thare are just as many if not more real Bitches.

And this breeder sounds just like the pug lady :down:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Is it under or over bite lol either way she's fine as long as it doesn't effect her eating :) I have ppl tell me porky isn't an EB because she doesn't have one!!!!!!! Ummm yeah ok lol ppl can be ignorant n yes u r correct they need to do research :D she's so cute btw :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
OKAY, this lady, "reputable breeder" or not, needs one of these: :bitchslap: On second thought, give her a few of 'em :bitchslap::bitchslap::bitchslap:

Maybe that'll knock some sense into her.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgYour Baby is Beautiful, and you need to ignore what ignorant people have to say. My Bulldozer developed a severe underbite as he grew, it came out when he was 5 months old. My vet said it was a genetic defect, but it doesn't affect him in any way, he eats normal, he can hold a ball normal, the only thing is when he jumps up to lick your face, his bottom canine teeth hit you first and it hurts, he doesn't mean to hurt he just wants to kiss you, so you have to be careful. I could get my money back or a new puppy from the breeder, but I don't want. I love him the way he is, God made him that way, and if you had a child with a genetic defect you wouldn't send it back. He's my Dozey, I think it just makes him cuter, and gives his character. I also get comments from people asking if they are EB, they look like a Boxer, or what are they mixed with? Don't let the comments of people get to you, they are just jealous.

Last edited:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
@gypsysmommy Do not listen to people like that, how horrible do you have to feel about oneself to stupid comments like that to someone else?? For example, less than 20 minutes after getting our Cleo we go to the store to buy her a bed (no, we didn't let her on the ground so no worries there! Bad parvo, bad bad!) and this "breeder" of bulldogs comes up to my hubby and commences to give her the show ring check and then informs my husband that she has frenchie in her, she's not full EB and he has never heard of our breeder before. Hubby just stood there looking like he was gonna cry, which he did a bit in the truck. But NOT because she wasn't full EB but because somebody insulted his precious Cleo. Really, what kind of people are these crazies anyway? And your Gypsy looks like a great momma BTW!!

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Thanks, yes I was like OMG I cant believe she said that it hurt but I know she's full blooded and has no defects like spina bifida just cause her under/over bite is a bit big. People these days are just excuse my language STUPID lol..they really need to research the breed and keep dumb comments to their-selves ..Shes our baby and if anyone were to say something about our human children I would have been just as upset and prob would;ve said something but I think ignorant people don't need my explanation just shows how stupid they really are lol...Thanks everyone

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
View attachment 34760View attachment 34758View attachment 34759Your Baby is Beautiful, and you need to ignore what ignorant people have to say. My Bulldozer developed a severe underbite as he grew, it came out when he was 5 months old. My vet said it was a genetic defect, but it doesn't affect him in any way, he eats normal, he can hold a ball normal, the only thing is when he jumps up to lick your face, his bottom canine teeth hit you first and it hurts, he doesn't mean to hurt he just wants to kiss you, so you have to be careful. I could get my money back or a new puppy from the breeder, but I don't want. I love him the way he is, God made him that way, and if you had a child with a genetic defect you wouldn't send it back. He's my Dozey, I think it just makes him cuter, and gives his character. I also get comments from people asking if they are EB, they look like a Boxer, or what are they mixed with? Don't let the comments of people get to you, they are just jealous.

He is a cutie by the way!!! I love that tongue sticking out ours does her the same way!!!

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
I may be in the minority here, but I am with the "lady", my entire life and existence depends on Spielman's appearance versus the AKC definitions of Bulldog Standards.

NOT...................................................................................Get a life "LADY"

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
We always thought we didn't like the English bulldogs with a large underbite. Now we have Mila, the underbite queen with a tongue long enough to lick her forehead, Flying Nun ears that can't hear a thing, we wouldn't trade her for anything. Happiest "little white dog" in the world. Everything about her makes us smile, even her underbite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 674

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well, I'm going to join in with[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]...and give 'the lady' some more wonks
upside her stupid head :girlfight::girlfight::girlfight::girlfight: [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] can attest to the weight of my purse!

Your baby is perfect and is also a great mommie :heart:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Can i join in and give all the stuuuupid igronant people slaps too lol? :punish: :sense: :bonkhead: :fight: :bitchslap: :madchair: ... It drives me mad when walking Meeko and people ask is he mixed or is he EB or American Bully or Boxer. And the comments i get how he doesnt look like EB or 'his tails too long to be a EB' .. Drives me insane :wallbang: stuuupid people x

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I agree with the above. The stupid, nosy lady needs a good slapping. That's one of the things I really love about our bulldogs, no two ever really look alike! I grew up with golden retrievers, and while there is enough variety to differentiate a dog, they all look the same. Our beautiful bulldogs are just DIFFERENT all over, and are just that much more beautiful because of it.

Don't let stupid people get in the way of having a great day with your doggie. They're the ones who should leave feeling bad, not you, because a public display of stupidity and/or idiocy just deserves to be punished.

Hug your Gypsy from me and Winston, and rest assured that she's beautiful.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The Lady is right, which is why Bacon is perfect, no overbite (or under bite if you have a brain)and whatever else she said was wrong Bacon doesn't have that.
What is wrong with people this lady seriously needed a good :ninjaspank::starwars::ninjaspank::girlfight::fencing::sense::madchair::fight::sense::spank::bitchslap: Don't sweat it at all

hehe fun with emoticons I never get to use :-)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
It's funny what people will say when jealousy rears its ugly head! First of all, it's an UNDERBITE that EBD's get, which she should know. An overbite is what "buck" teeth look like. Why can't we go back to the days of our youth where we were taught "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.