Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overbite?

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)

Default Overbite?

I had a lady say my dog was poorly bread due to having a big over bite?? Is that true?? her breeder is a reputable one in the Tulsa Ok area and in the AKC breeding program, her kennel actually has an article written saying she was the best kennel in the OK area. This lady who saw my dog in pictures even said she prob has spina bifida....I was like I had her checked with our vet and he gave her a clean health bill and this is no ordinary vet he specializes in the breed and people fly all over the world to see him. I have never in my life heard such a thing, what do yall think..this was on our puppy page we breed them and our girl has 12 champion's in her line. She also stated that our puppies weren't true English bulldogs bc they have pink noses I explained to her that they are born with pink noses and develop the pigment in time...if she looked at their weekly pics she would've seen the noses and black freckles forming and getting black each day...I'm just dumb founded right now. People really need to research things!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sdc14747-jpg   -sdc14749-jpg  

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Overbite?

They look like EBD to me and beautiful at that. I tell you some peolple need to just keep their mouth shut if they can't say something nice.

When I was showing my pugdog and my female got runner up in show another pug lady said she shouldn't have won as she has got this and that and mine is better - well you guesed it I will never show again because as much a there are nice people thare are just as many if not more real Bitches.

And this breeder sounds just like the pug lady

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Is it under or over bite lol either way she's fine as long as it doesn't effect her eating I have ppl tell me porky isn't an EB because she doesn't have one!!!!!!! Ummm yeah ok lol ppl can be ignorant n yes u r correct they need to do research she's so cute btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

OKAY, this lady, "reputable breeder" or not, needs one of these: On second thought, give her a few of 'em

Maybe that'll knock some sense into her.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgYour Baby is Beautiful, and you need to ignore what ignorant people have to say. My Bulldozer developed a severe underbite as he grew, it came out when he was 5 months old. My vet said it was a genetic defect, but it doesn't affect him in any way, he eats normal, he can hold a ball normal, the only thing is when he jumps up to lick your face, his bottom canine teeth hit you first and it hurts, he doesn't mean to hurt he just wants to kiss you, so you have to be careful. I could get my money back or a new puppy from the breeder, but I don't want. I love him the way he is, God made him that way, and if you had a child with a genetic defect you wouldn't send it back. He's my Dozey, I think it just makes him cuter, and gives his character. I also get comments from people asking if they are EB, they look like a Boxer, or what are they mixed with? Don't let the comments of people get to you, they are just jealous.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 01-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

@gypsysmommy Do not listen to people like that, how horrible do you have to feel about oneself to stupid comments like that to someone else?? For example, less than 20 minutes after getting our Cleo we go to the store to buy her a bed (no, we didn't let her on the ground so no worries there! Bad parvo, bad bad!) and this "breeder" of bulldogs comes up to my hubby and commences to give her the show ring check and then informs my husband that she has frenchie in her, she's not full EB and he has never heard of our breeder before. Hubby just stood there looking like he was gonna cry, which he did a bit in the truck. But NOT because she wasn't full EB but because somebody insulted his precious Cleo. Really, what kind of people are these crazies anyway? And your Gypsy looks like a great momma BTW!!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, yes I was like OMG I cant believe she said that it hurt but I know she's full blooded and has no defects like spina bifida just cause her under/over bite is a bit big. People these days are just excuse my language STUPID lol..they really need to research the breed and keep dumb comments to their-selves ..Shes our baby and if anyone were to say something about our human children I would have been just as upset and prob would;ve said something but I think ignorant people don't need my explanation just shows how stupid they really are lol...Thanks everyone

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    -image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgYour Baby is Beautiful, and you need to ignore what ignorant people have to say. My Bulldozer developed a severe underbite as he grew, it came out when he was 5 months old. My vet said it was a genetic defect, but it doesn't affect him in any way, he eats normal, he can hold a ball normal, the only thing is when he jumps up to lick your face, his bottom canine teeth hit you first and it hurts, he doesn't mean to hurt he just wants to kiss you, so you have to be careful. I could get my money back or a new puppy from the breeder, but I don't want. I love him the way he is, God made him that way, and if you had a child with a genetic defect you wouldn't send it back. He's my Dozey, I think it just makes him cuter, and gives his character. I also get comments from people asking if they are EB, they look like a Boxer, or what are they mixed with? Don't let the comments of people get to you, they are just jealous.

He is a cutie by the way!!! I love that tongue sticking out ours does her the same way!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)

I may be in the minority here, but I am with the "lady", my entire life and existence depends on Spielman's appearance versus the AKC definitions of Bulldog Standards.

NOT............................................... ....................................Get a life "LADY"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

We always thought we didn't like the English bulldogs with a large underbite. Now we have Mila, the underbite queen with a tongue long enough to lick her forehead, Flying Nun ears that can't hear a thing, we wouldn't trade her for anything. Happiest "little white dog" in the world. Everything about her makes us smile, even her underbite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Well, I'm going to join in with@cali baker...and give 'the lady' some more wonks
    upside her stupid head @Sherry can attest to the weight of my purse!

Your baby is perfect and is also a great mommie

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Can i join in and give all the stuuuupid igronant people slaps too lol? ... It drives me mad when walking Meeko and people ask is he mixed or is he EB or American Bully or Boxer. And the comments i get how he doesnt look like EB or 'his tails too long to be a EB' .. Drives me insane stuuupid people x
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads