My boy is growing up so quick! Should i be worry?

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Hey Bully lovers! Just wanted to share some pictures of DEXTER from the time we got him until now. Wow! it's amazing how big he has gotten. We got him at 11 wks and he is now 6 months 54 lbs. I always ask his vet if his weight is ok because I thought males are usually between 50-60 lbs. But he insist Dexter is super healthy and he is just a big boy!

Attachments

• dd3.jpg
    dd3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 133
  • dd8.jpg
    dd8.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 157
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 127

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank did the same thing. he went up in height and weighed around 60lbs for a while. he looked more like a boxer for a little bit. then he started thickening and widening a lot more. now hes 2 and we've noticed his head is getting bigger and hes getting stouter. he weighs 52lbs now.

OP
MommaLovesDEXTER

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Thanks for your feedback! Yes I read that their heads get wider between 1-2 yrs.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I think he looks great, he doesn't appear to be too big ... I love that picture with the black-n-white sweater on with his little teeth sticking out, too cute!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
He is gorgeous! They go through so many stages as they grow! Around 5mnths Brutus looked like a boxer puppy lol He is now 19 months and filling out :) Take lots of pics it goes by fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Dexter looks great and is sooo cute! :D My pup Winston is 8 months and almost 60 pounds and healthy - not overweight. To each their own!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks like a healthy handsome growing boy. Some bullies sre just bigger than others, but his weight looks fine. Good job mama.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Well that makes me feel better since Rumble is 3 months now and about 25 pounds! I am always worried he is to heavy or being fed to much but the vet thinks he looks great so that is what I base it on. Dexter looks amazing and as long as the vet says you are in the clear I would not worry!

OP
MommaLovesDEXTER

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Thanks everyone! That makes me feel better i guess he is not the only chucky butt bully out there. lol I love how chuncky he is i just dont want him to be obese and have health issues.We been feeding blue buffalo since we got him.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Great pictures!!!!!!!! Bacon was the same way, he was 50-55 at 6 months and now he is over a year and is 60-65. It seems like they plateau at that weight but their body shape just changes a lot moving forward.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.