What does it take to foster a bully?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have fostered for an all breed rescue now for quite awhile. They always send the dog with a bag of food and sometimes treats but we take over from there. We usually end up buying the food and treats beyond what the rescue sends. We usually get them a new collar and leash and any toys, bones, etc. We have a couple extra crates here but the rescue always lets us borrow one if we need a special size. The vet care is always covered by them too but they are usually vetted before they get to us.

It's a very rewarding thing. If you open up your home to a foster then it means they don't have to sit it out in a shelter type environment and hope to be adopted. You will have provided a safe, warm, loving place for them before they get to their forever home.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks so much for the replies, [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION]. Reading your posts gets me pretty emotional and teary. Thanku for answering my concerns as well. Peeps like you, Karen, Leesa...and many more, are the inspiration for my desire to be a foster mom.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks so much for the replies, [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION]. Reading your posts gets me pretty emotional and teary. Thanku for answering my concerns as well. Peeps like you, Karen, Leesa...and many more, are the inspiration for my desire to be a foster mom.

This IS exciting. I am going to live vicariously though you for awhile, ok?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Henny.... it should help that you have EBN behind you and Im sure Lisa can be of some assistance there too as she is friends with Skip.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.