Opinion or fact?

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Are bullies better off as the only child or are they happier with a brother/sister? (Meaning dog).

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I have one female and one male just a month apart and they get along great. They get rowdy sometimes and may fight over a toy but I have to watch them so they don't hurt eachother. I say if you can afford it the more bullies the better! If I had the money for it I'd fill my house up with bullies!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@TessaAndSamson once said that two is better than one ... and I didn't believe it until Punkin joined our family. Him and Stig get along so well that we'll probably always have two! ... or at least two!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Two are always better than one. They love to be with peeps, but also love to be with each other. The more the merrier I say.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
My husband said once we get a house we can get another bullie or a boxer...but refuses to have another one in the apartment lol (don't blame him). But I just think spunky would love a friend!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I would get another if I could, Otis needs a brother or sister

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I think 2. Everyone needs someone else of the same species with them. They can also keep each other company when you're away.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
1 hour ago I would of said two are fine, but for the last 45 minutes its been bully wrestling match, up on Daddy's lap to play king of the mountain, and more wrestling !

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe loves his Shi Tzu Sis... he's very respectful and will not take her treat or food until she is done and walks away, plays with her at a level that she can handle, and allows her to fuss at him if she feels a need to, like girls do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd say .. it depends. I have a larger number of dogs ........:blush2: .....8 ........and it is funny how the 3 bullies tend to stick together more, and the 2 schnauzers are inseparable so they do seem to recognise their own breed!!

However, from working in a rescue I have come across enough bullies who are dog aggressive and who I have to place in homes with no other dogs. BUT ... we never know what has happened to them in their previous life. Did something happen in their life to make them that way, or were they just born not liking other dogs that much.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I was certain ruckus should be an only fur kid. He would get so hyper and anxious whenever he would be with other dogs. Now that Lola came into our lives I wish I gave him a sister (or brother) sooner. They are amazing together. I can't imagine not having double bully kisses now😀.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
We have a spoiled princes. Got her first and she is a bit lazy so we thought we would get another to keep her busy. Well I do not regret it, but I kinda think she would prefer to be the only spoiled one in the house.:fight: We do have to break up fits here and there but they also play good together. So it's a work in progress.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] said we can get another when we get a house, which will maybe be another year or sooner....is a 2 year old bully too old to introduce a sis/bro? I remember our beagle growing up HATEF the other dogs we got haha

Most Reactions