Chance's new chance at a loving home ...

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have the EBN Business Card that will be the first thing I show the new family and the last thing I remind them of before they leave LOL oh yeah and a list of things Chance needs for his daily care and of course food recommendation. I will really encourage them to join EBN ... I really want to stay in contact so I know how he is doing. He is such a great boy, now that his real personality is showing more and more I find him a total crack up! But on a different note, finding Chance a forever family also opens up the door to a new foster, he is an Old English Bulldog and depending on his temperament testing with other dogs ... I might be taking him in, not a positive yet but we will see what happens :) I like being a foster mom, it makes me feel good to be able to help a bulldog find happiness and a new family!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I think you have found your calling Leesa. You opened yourself to possibility and the the world has opened up and presented you with your path to making the world a better place. I remember hearing Joseph Campbell the great scholar talking about "following your Bliss " - when you are following your bliss, walls become doors and the doors open wide for you. And you enter a world of exciting possibility meant for you. And when you do you know it. Congratulations. You worked hard and deserve this gift!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such bittersweet news for you Leesa ...... it's sad to see them go, but so wonderful to know that because of you they have another chance of a furever home!!!!

Just a thought ... ROEB waits approx 2 weeks after a spay or neuter before they go on to their new home but I realise that every rescue has a different policy.

So are you an official foster parent for the rescue now???? :2thumbs:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Such bittersweet news for you Leesa ...... it's sad to see them go, but so wonderful to know that because of you they have another chance of a furever home!!!!

Just a thought ... ROEB waits approx 2 weeks after a spay or neuter before they go on to their new home but I realise that every rescue has a different policy.

So are you an official foster parent for the rescue now???? :2thumbs:

I would really love it if he could wait and completely recover from surgery before he goes to his new family but Laura is confident this family will take very good care of him while he gets better.

I will foster bulldogs as they need me, I feel bad because I know there are other dog breeds that need foster homes too but my passion is bulldogs and so I'm choosing to be a bulldog only foster mom, it that wrong? or should I be more open to help?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's wonderful news if the fit is right. :luv: He's just starting to come out of his shell so to speak - hate to see him fall back into it. Good luck wonderful sweet boy Chance!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would really love it if he could wait and completely recover from surgery before he goes to his new family but Laura is confident this family will take very good care of him while he gets better.

I will foster bulldogs as they need me, I feel bad because I know there are other dog breeds that need foster homes too but my passion is bulldogs and so I'm choosing to be a bulldog only foster mom, it that wrong? or should I be more open to help?

Your "speciality" is bullies so it makes sense to foster them ..... you might want to contact the local bully rescue today and apply to foster for them. I have two fosters who foster for an "all kinds of dog" type rescue as well as for us!! :up:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - NoCal Bulldog Rescue would be my area (I think) so I will give them a call once I'm moved and not in wait and see mode, I'm suppose to find out today what the deal is with my current rental and how long I have here before they do the cash for keys but once I'm settled I definitely want to do more fostering, I didn't think I had what it takes to do this but it's whats best for the bulldog so I am able to love Chance and help him along and then let him find that furever family that will take over loving him. of course it helps that I have Diesel & Molly that will be with me for their whole life!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@kazzy220 - NoCal Bulldog Rescue would be my area (I think) so I will give them a call once I'm moved and not in wait and see mode, I'm suppose to find out today what the deal is with my current rental and how long I have here before they do the cash for keys but once I'm settled I definitely want to do more fostering, I didn't think I had what it takes to do this but it's whats best for the bulldog so I am able to love Chance and help him along and then let him find that furever family that will take over loving him. of course it helps that I have Diesel & Molly that will be with me for their whole life!

Excellent ... yes wait until everything is settled because they may want to do vet checks and a home check on you.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think what you are doing is great and only taking bulldogs it totally a personal choice and I think you made the right choice. You know so much about bulldogs you really know how to care for them! So happy you are going to continue to foster!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.