Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Angel Eyes

So, I'm at my wits end. I've done a bunch of the solutions you guys have recommended in various threads, but we can't seem to find the source of the actual watering and really can't keep up with it these blasted tear stains. You miss one day and it's like you've been doing nothing for months.

UNTIL....

We finally caved and purchased the ultra expensive angel eyes. It had a pretty immediate impact. Pretty impressive actually.

The issue. Of course there is an issue.

It made Remi's poops huge and soft. Then right before we took Remi to get neutered, we noticed he didn't take his morning pooh at all. He finally poohed that night.

Well today he hasn't gone #2 at all. Normally he goes a healthy 3-4 little poohs a day.

When should I become more than just concerned?

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Angel Eyes

did he go one day with out eating? that could be the reason, or emptying out could be another reason. tear stains were worse in my house when the dogs were under 2 years old. we don't have problems with that anymore, but I am feeding them a grain and potato free food. Nutrisca Lamb and chick pea
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That's interesting because Herman's breeder swore by Angel Eyes...I caved and tried and it did nothing for Herman but give him soft poop. No change after a few weeks of use Remi might just be empty or the meds from neutering have made him constipated. Pumpkin is also good for constipation if you think he's eaten a lot and hasnt passed anything.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Eleanor ('Elly')
    Likes (Received)

Slippery Elm Bark Powder is supposed to work great with dog (and human) stomach issues as well. May wanna give that a try.

As it stands, however, I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point. If he doesn't move his bowels after two days or so, then I may start to worry.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys. He is starting to take less frequent but monster dumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wondering if you noticed a difference in Remi's eyes yet with using the Angel Eyes. I just ordered this today. Will see if it helps Emma. I'll have her allergy tested when she's 18 months. Her tear stains are so bad they look black at times. Plus she gets a double tear stain on each side of her face from her fold right below the main eye fold.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    Thanks guys. He is starting to take less frequent but monster dumps.

Hey....
    so here is my two cents. Angel Eyes contains an anti-biotic/ anti-inflammatory used to mainly treat soft stool/diarrhea in dogs. Name is tylocine or tylosin, brand name Tylan. The fact that it mysteriously clears up tear stains is a well known side effect, and the company Angel Eyes has capitalized on this.

I know all of this because Wilbur was on Tylan ( prescribed by vet) for the constant soft stool we are having on his prescription food ( his skin is fantastic though! For once!) It could be this that is causing Remi to get bunged up?

The issue is that as an anti- biotic, you have the problem of building up resistance, and also not knowing how much tylocine is in the Angel Eyes (tylocine is dosed based on weight, etc).

not trying to rain on your parade, I am desperate to fix Layla's tear stains! I just don't don't know how I feel about long-term anti-biotics for possibly cosmetic reasons....

Last edited by Momma2Bullies; 01-21-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    My whole world

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Here's my opinion. Not meant to offend anyone, just how i look at it. Angel eyes may clear up the tear stains, but is it just masking the underlying problem, if its caused by allergies, or another issue? Kind of like using anbesol for your toothache. You could just keep covering the pain or you could go to the dentist to take care of the problem.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried to change his food? I'm not sure if you are feeding him grain free.... Izzy will get watery eyes with salmon and bad tear stains with grains.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Wondering if you noticed a difference in Remi's eyes yet with using the Angel Eyes. I just ordered this today. Will see if it helps Emma. I'll have her allergy tested when she's 18 months. Her tear stains are so bad they look black at times. Plus she gets a double tear stain on each side of her face from her fold right below the main eye fold.
    Huge difference, ill post pictures later. We knew the active ingredient was an antibiotic and checked with our vet. We know remi is allergic to many foods and we are happy with him on nvi's salmon. We even had him on a limited diet and his tear stains were as bad as ever. We even gave him bottled water, which works great for some bullies here.

We also noticed remi gets runny noses and eyes after a walk in the woods. I just think he has allergies like humans. Pollen. grass. Dust. Who knows.

I also tried treating them with the famous duoxo and desitin treatment for months. if I missed even a day, it was all back. It was just messy and ineffective. There were improvements but it was always still very prominent.

So for those who think I'm getting angel eyes because I want the easy way out or haven't tried everything, that is not a correction assumption. This is literally the last resort. The tear stains were so bad they were black and made daily grooming difficult. When remi is older, we can try to narrow down the allergies. But not much I can do about grass and the like.

We know he's allergic to beef and poultry. Boy were the stains bad then, but the were still bad on limited diet lamb.

Eventually you reduce the dose of the medicine by quite alot.

Remi is actually getting just kibble and the angel eyes bc he has the runs. Angel eyes actually made his poop really soft though. It could be one of the ingredients. But he also eats everything so I'm hoping he normalizes. Stay tuned.

Last edited by ModernFemme; 01-22-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Good luck and glad its helpin his tear stains .. Hopefully his poop is better soon too .. Angel eyes is actually banned from the UK the only place we can get hold of it is on sites such as ebay for a very high price! I bet its more difficult to keep up with because of his gorgeous white face. Half of meekos face drives me mad the other half you cant see it lol x
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I had to use Angel Eyes on my bichon too because he was getting teary eyes from when he was teething (the mis-alignment of the jaws of the over-bite on the bichon caused his tear ducts to go out of balance). It worked perfectly. But, I only used it for 3 months tops.

You shouldn't use Angel Eyes for much longer than that. The health risk of the antibiotic could become greater than the health risk of the yeast infection.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads