So... will my bulldog ever turn into a "bulldog"?

How hyperactive is your adult bully?

• More chill than a stoner in the '70s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
The husband keeps poking me and asking what other EB owners on the forums are saying about their bulldogs. "So... does anyone on the forums have a really mellow bulldog?" he asks.

hint hint, nudge nudge. He wants me to ask.

I keep telling him that Remi is still a puppy and will calm down, but then I wasn't so sure.

So, how "hyperactive" is your bully?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella can be very active. But not for long. Abby, ha, at times she won't even lift her head, just opens one eye to see what is going on.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I thought the same thing about Molly! She finally became the couch potato at the age of 4.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
When we had 2 dogs Ruggles was a lot more active than he is now. When we get his brother, and his brother gets a little bigger, Ruggles' activity will increase. He has had some play time with a 1&1/2 yr. old lab and Ruggles wears the lab out!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My Remy literally bounces off the furniture at least twice a day!!! Sometimes using Oliver as a spring board and sometimes not. When those two get together and both start bouncing off the furniture it's hilarious. Today they knocked over one of our dining room chairs and of course Sebastian had to bark at it because if something is not in its usual place, he barks at it. Oliver is more chill than a stoner in the 70's usually except for maybe once a day when Remy convinces him to play with him and Sebastian is somewhere in the middle between the two. My Remy is 1 and I'm still waiting for him to turn into a couch potato so I don't know if your Remi will either.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Let's see. Winston is two and a half, and is just starting to calm down. He recently discovered he can climb up on the couch, and there is nothing better than a warm lap bulldog. He can still get pretty rambunctious but he isn't full tilt circus anymore.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah was a holy terror from about 2-7 months. If I put her halter on she would chill right away but otherwise OMG! Once she was spayed she slowed down and it is now more balanced - she will still do crazy zoomies outside but not in the house anymore. I also take her on a LONG walk each day ( unless it is colder than -18C or we are in the middle of a blizzard. :bitching: I HATE winter. ) to tire her out so she just vegges on the couch in the evening. She is so sweet and mellow now people think she is about 4 instead of a 1 year old. It will happen. Hang in there.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is very active as well. He is about 11 weeks old and oh my. But this may sound odd and contradictory but his is not high strung or anxious. When he wants to play and be rambunctious its all hell bent for leather but at the other times he is very laid back. The maltese is high strung and when someone comes over or drives up in the yard he runs from room to room, barking and yapping and Ace just sits there and watches him

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie is almost 10 months and she is very active. She will play constantly until you take her toy away and she gets mad because she doesn't want to play with anything else. Then, she passes out. She will play for so long and so hard that we have to take toys away to get her to calm down and cool off. She's a nut!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I am wondering if anyone with an adult bulldog will chime and and say theirs is still very active. Most of us, so far, seem to have puppies. Mine are 1 1/2. They don't really bounce off the walls, but they are both athletic. Liz is more active and likes to play more. Amy often just passes out wherever she stands. They both run up and down the stairs often.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My Lola is WILD! I hope with age she calms down but right now she is a ball of fire!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo had hit the 'Mellow stage' at about 2 years old, then we rescued Hershey at 14 weeks old... and it was Super Hyper all through the house, now its about 90% mellow and 10% all out craziness. Hershey will be 1 in March and Gizmo will be 3 in Feb.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
My Remy literally bounces off the furniture at least twice a day!!! Sometimes using Oliver as a spring board and sometimes not. When those two get together and both start bouncing off the furniture it's hilarious. Today they knocked over one of our dining room chairs and of course Sebastian had to bark at it because if something is not in its usual place, he barks at it. Oliver is more chill than a stoner in the 70's usually except for maybe once a day when Remy convinces him to play with him and Sebastian is somewhere in the middle between the two. My Remy is 1 and I'm still waiting for him to turn into a couch potato so I don't know if your Remi will either.

Mila, @ 8-1/2 months' is like Remy. Literally bouncing off and over the couches. Rudy, @ 18 months, has mellowed out quite a bit.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin can be calm but at least once a day he's crazy jumping around chasing grace playing with her but other then that he's good he will be a year old April 22

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.