Thread: wondering?????

Pooper scooper Bustersmommy6941's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default wondering?????

Let me start off by saying that I feed my dog science diet which i know is not the best and I am looking into changing his food but i need something I can afford because hubby just got out of the military. I hope that maybe someone can help, now I know that dog pooh does not smell like roses but Busters Pooh is AWFUL and i have had my share of dogs growing up and there pooh never smelt like this so i was wondering if this was a bulldog thing or something else? My other question is how many times should a 4 month bulldog go pooh in a day, I know theres no exact amout but a ball park figure. Thank you so much for any info you guys can give me.
    Busters mommy

Real Name
    Anthony
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Eleanor ('Elly')
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wondering?????

Before I switched Elly to raw, she was defecating about 5-7 times a day. Now she goes once or twice.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well, you know the old saying - "garbage in, garbage out' .... as for how often, I think it depends on the overall health and the food.

Banks (7yrs) is a one and one girl... she eats Fromm Beef Frittata and is once a day.... if she goes more or the firmness changes I know she is not feeling well. Then there is Cheli (2yrs), our Frenchie... same food, but he goes 3 or 4 times a day, but he was a very unhealthy puppy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola eats about 1.5 cups nb lid duck and legume and poos twice a day

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, when I first brought my 2 guys home, they were on RoyalCanin, and they had loose stools, smelly gas, and smelly poops. I switched them to Fromms Beef Fritata, due to it being a better food, and reccommended by most of the people on this site, and from doing lots of research and asking questions. My female has a lot of allergies and sensitivities to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains, so I decided to try the Beef, they are both doing great on it, and I noticed that they had a lot less gas, and the poops didn't smell as bad, my guys go 2 to 3 times a day, and the poops are perfect as far as poop goes lol they are firm but soft, and well formed. It could be the food your are feeding him is causing the gas, and the frequent smelly poops. I live in Canada, and pay $85 dollara for a 33lb bag, but it may be cheaper in The States, as it an American made dogfood. Another really good food that may not be as epensive is Blue Buffalo, or Wellness. you can check around and see which ones are in your budget. Also check out the forum on Dogfood ratings , it lists all the best dog foods and their ingredients. i hope this helps. You can also ask Cowsmom and Desertskybulldogs for advice as they have a lot of experience with dogfood brands, nutrition, as well as on Home Cooked foods for Bulldogs. Good luck, and just remember whatever food you do choose, you should transition slowly to the new food. 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food and slowly keep adding more until its all the new food. This is usually done over 2 to 3 weeks.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

There are some better rated foods that aren't awfully expensive. I've heard Avoderm..but honestly @cowsmom is who needs to chime in!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Also, it might be helpful to take a look at the EBN list of foods ........ http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...g-Food-Ratings

You want to get the highest rating possible, but looking at this list you will be able to price up and see what is the best food that you can afford. Don't forget to look into Petflow too which are VERY competitively priced and will deliver right to your door free of charge!!

Pooper scooper Bustersmommy6941's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the advice I will look into it and let you know how things go thank you
    Busters mommy

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon is about a year old, eats around 2.5-3 cups a day and goes 1-2 times a day, but usually twice

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)