wondering?????

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Let me start off by saying that I feed my dog science diet which i know is not the best and I am looking into changing his food but i need something I can afford because hubby just got out of the military. I hope that maybe someone can help, now I know that dog pooh does not smell like roses but Busters Pooh is AWFUL and i have had my share of dogs growing up and there pooh never smelt like this so i was wondering if this was a bulldog thing or something else? My other question is how many times should a 4 month bulldog go pooh in a day, I know theres no exact amout but a ball park figure. Thank you so much for any info you guys can give me.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Before I switched Elly to raw, she was defecating about 5-7 times a day. Now she goes once or twice.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, you know the old saying - "garbage in, garbage out' .... as for how often, I think it depends on the overall health and the food.

Banks (7yrs) is a one and one girl... she eats Fromm Beef Frittata and :poo: is once a day.... if she goes more or the firmness changes I know she is not feeling well. Then there is Cheli (2yrs), our Frenchie... same food, but he goes 3 or 4 times a day, but he was a very unhealthy puppy.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola eats about 1.5 cups nb lid duck and legume and poos twice a day

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, when I first brought my 2 guys home, they were on RoyalCanin, and they had loose stools, smelly gas, and smelly poops. I switched them to Fromms Beef Fritata, due to it being a better food, and reccommended by most of the people on this site, and from doing lots of research and asking questions. My female has a lot of allergies and sensitivities to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains, so I decided to try the Beef, they are both doing great on it, and I noticed that they had a lot less gas, and the poops didn't smell as bad, my guys go 2 to 3 times a day, and the poops are perfect as far as poop goes lol they are firm but soft, and well formed. It could be the food your are feeding him is causing the gas, and the frequent smelly poops. I live in Canada, and pay $85 dollara for a 33lb bag, but it may be cheaper in The States, as it an American made dogfood. Another really good food that may not be as epensive is Blue Buffalo, or Wellness. you can check around and see which ones are in your budget. Also check out the forum on Dogfood ratings , it lists all the best dog foods and their ingredients. i hope this helps. You can also ask Cowsmom and Desertskybulldogs for advice as they have a lot of experience with dogfood brands, nutrition, as well as on Home Cooked foods for Bulldogs. Good luck, and just remember whatever food you do choose, you should transition slowly to the new food. 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food and slowly keep adding more until its all the new food. This is usually done over 2 to 3 weeks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
There are some better rated foods that aren't awfully expensive. I've heard Avoderm..but honestly [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is who needs to chime in!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Also, it might be helpful to take a look at the EBN list of foods ........ http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

You want to get the highest rating possible, but looking at this list you will be able to price up and see what is the best food that you can afford. Don't forget to look into Petflow too which are VERY competitively priced and will deliver right to your door free of charge!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is about a year old, eats around 2.5-3 cups a day and goes 1-2 times a day, but usually twice

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.