I am so sad...

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meekos not a lap dog purely because i knew the size and weight he will soon grow to... HOWEVER!! ...he is a sit next to you and cwtch upto you as close as i can that i might as well be on your lap sort of dog!! :rofl:
20130108_153921.jpg20130108_160009.jpg

As long as you train them correctly and balance out the cuddles love and affection with training you cant go wrong. I wouldnt be without Meeko now. I took a brave challenge too i had a 2month old baby when i decided to get a 2month old puppy bully to join the family .. And the training and stubborness is nowhere near as bad as some research makes out. You can do it.. Ive got faith in you lol and my crystal ball predicts a bully is your future of happiness love and laughter :p

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4924]wienerdogfan[/MENTION] I agree you should wait until your present dog passes, and then you might check out some rescues. A bully puppy would drive you crazy, because they are all over the place when they are young. Getting an older one from a rescue, you can find the right one for you and one that loves to snuggle. We just place a beautiful girl who was 5 years old that just loves to snuggle and be loved. So that's something to think about when you are ready to get one.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes its good you are giving this careful consideration. i got my bully from someone else and boy was i in for a surprise. there is alot of care that goes into bullies but what you get back is so much more. ive never felt for a dog what i feel for sarah even though i have loved plenty of them. sarah is not a cuddler per say but she will lay next to me and put her head on me and she loves loves her tummy rubbed. i kiss her all the time. you do have to consider can you afford one and such but i do like the idea of a rescue bully and going and seeing some for yourself. good luck with whatever you decide. oh and um you do learn to be a pack leader somehow even though they own you. :2thumbs:

OP
W

wienerdogfan

May 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks everyone. I decided to take some of your advise and I emailed my local English Bulldog rescue and offered my help if they need it. I can't foster one because of Tootsie, but I would be glad to help in some way. I told her my tale and told her that I would like to do some socializing with the dogs to get to know the breed. I'm not sure what she would have for me to do but we'll see.

Thanks,
Dianne

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks everyone. I decided to take some of your advise and I emailed my local English Bulldog rescue and offered my help if they need it. I can't foster one because of Tootsie, but I would be glad to help in some way. I told her my tale and told her that I would like to do some socializing with the dogs to get to know the breed. I'm not sure what she would have for me to do but we'll see.

Thanks,
Dianne

I work for Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs ......... believe me, there will ALWAYS be something for you to do to help them out!!!! :yes:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:hmm: I think you want one and are going to get one. I admire the research and especially waiting until the time is right..but unless you' re on a Golden Retriever forum researching...honey..you are getting a Bulldog. And we will all be here waiting! :D

:2thumbs: totally agree

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well, I can speak from experience about having a senior and a bully all at once. Yes, Amber is a rough tough one year old bully (going through the terrible twos: loss of shoes, toliet paper, paper, books, dolls, anything and everything she can chew on) and that is exactly what we were looking for; a bully that could hold her own. Our senior great dane is going down hill, Beast Dog is 13 and has slowed down even further in this past year and I am not sure how much longer she will be with us. She still tries to play with Amber but we are extremely cautious and know her limitations, she can only play for maybe 5 minutes these days at max but we still let her be a part of the action as much as possible. During the day, we have the house divided so Beast Dog has the back side of the house and Amber has the front side so as not to over exert the old girl. It takes being very pro-active with both fur babies to make sure each are able to compliment the other. Amber does need a playmate and we are working on that soon. Having the age difference isn't for everyone but we also have a 10 year old daughter that will be crushed (all of us will be and we know the time is coming soon) the day Beast Dog goes over the rainbow bridge and that was one of the deciding factors that lead us to get Amber now along with her future sibbling. Beast Dog has been there since the day our daughter was born and when we lost Apollo (our male great dane) unexpectedly in 2010 it totally crushed our daughter (actually all of us) and she still sleeps with his collar at her bedside. We decided Beast Dog would be our last Great Dane and researched the EBD and decided to go for it earlier rather than later to make the transition easier. We are having a blast and cannot wait for our new puppy. Amber has brough unimaginable life to all of us, the old girl included. It is hilarious when Amber destroys something and Beast Dog looks at her like, "You are in trouble now." You will know when it is time for an EBD and until then keep researching and getting prepared. No worries on who owns who, that is a given.....Amber owns us all, lock stock and barrel and we wouldn't have it anyother way. Good luck on your qwest and we look forward to stories, pictures, etc when you decide the time is right.

OP
W

wienerdogfan

May 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks for all your replies. I live in the Detroit area and Detroit English Bulldog rescue is on the same side of town as me. So it will work out.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.