Otis still limping....started Vegas Stew Diet (not for the limping...lol)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So my baby is still limping, vet said to give it 7 days on the pain meds which will be Wednesday so it looks like x-rays are in order. Hubby said and I never thought of this, he doesn't want Otis to be sedated for xray while pain meds are in his system. How long should we wait?

Also over the weekend I made the "famous" Vegas Stew - he loves it, this will be day three - I have not replaced morning meals with it, just in the evening - I figure a little change is better then no change at all. I guess we shall see when he goes back to the vet if there is any change in his weight.

I'm pretty nervous about the limping. He will be a year old next week (01/14) and he is just the most perfect baby boy a mom could want.

On a good note, we have been wheaning him from the crate while we are gone in little spurts and he has done brillaintly.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww..poor You and sweet Otis. Let's hope for a couple things. Good results with his weight and maybe X-rays will give you peace of mind. If he is overweight and pulled something, it will take a bit longer or the pain to clear up. Will be thinking positive thoughts for him.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Big :hug:. From experience, sedation isn't necessary to take an x-ray of his knees. For his hips, however, it's different for each clinic - some sedate while some don't.

I would take an xray of his hips as well just to make sure that they're ok ... but, of course, if sedation doesn't need to be done.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Just wanted to say I hope Otis starts feeling better and WTG on the new found non-crate time. We just started doing this with Bacon too @ 13 months and he has been really good so far.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor otis. i hope everything is ok with him. sarah has had several xrays done over the last year or 2 and never was sedated so might not be necessary. will be thinking good thoughts for him. :2thumbs:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just wanted to say, hope Otis is better soon. Wilson gets limps every now and then but it's usually because he pulled his groin. Happy earlier Birthday to Otis too. :D

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Just wanted to say, hope Otis is better soon. Wilson gets limps every now and then but it's usually because he pulled his groin. Happy earlier Birthday to Otis too. :D

Thank you Jeannie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.