New puppy with my 1 yr old EB

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello everyone.. So I was thinking about adding a new addition to my family a shih tzu puppy as I have Emmitt my EB and gizmo my other shih tzu. I have a cpl concerns as to how To Emmitt will take this. He sleeps in his kennel every night and gizmo sleeps in our bed as he is older and completely potty trained. I'm worried that Emmitt may get jealous and act up. Has anyone had any issues when adding a new puppy into your home?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have an older girl..non bully..and when Jake came home, she was fine. Loved playing with him. There is jealousy, but we just make sure she never feels pushed aside. She gets pretty disgusted with him in general..but it's cuz he's a beast and she is a lady! :laugh:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have no idea on this subject but in a few weeks my second bully comes home and I have a 7 almost 8 month old EB so I will soon know the answer to this question.:p IN the mean time please keep us updated!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well adding another bully puppy, is not problem, but a shih tzu puppy, Emmitt might think it is a chew toy for him. :eek: :p

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
All I've ever added are Bully puppys and the older Bully is fine, delighted. They recognize that the puppy is a baby and are careful. The puppy always needs to learn when the older dog is tired of being chewed on. Don't know about a shih tzu -- we call them one bites!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm sure he'd be a great big brother, but a little jealousy is sure to be expected. My biggest concern would be the size difference and your youthful EB playing too rough and hurting the baby. Other than that, I think they would be so cute! Our first baby was a Shih Tsu. We loved him so, but opted for an EB years later, knowing no other Shih Tsu could ever compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.