Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
So glad all went well with Remi. There is such a sense of relief when you know it is behind you both now. Was the testicle a problem? It sounds like the surgery was pretty routine from his rambunctious behaviour.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So Glad to hear Remi is done his surgery, and is back at home. now try and keep him quiet for a week, no running, or jumping, yeah right lol easier said than done. They come home and it doesnt even seem like they had surgery. Remi will continue to hump you too for a few months, due to the testosterone that is left in their body. Dozer was neutered 3 months ago, and is just starting to stop humping us. The vet told me when I asked her why he was still doing this after being neutered, that they still have the testosterone hormone in their bodies, and it takes a while to leave. Get well quick Remi.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
[MENTION=4570]Tooleysmom[/MENTION], [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] - thank you for the tips!

Update with the details:

There were actually no testicles in the scrotum. They maneuvered the right one down to the scrotum, but the left one was buried beneath the fat pad of the lower abdominal wall. Other than that, everything went fine $443.10 later. It was actually a smidgen cheaper than they initially quoted.

This is also unrelated but I just realized Remi is also ACA registered instead of AKA. Sadface.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
AKC and ACA are just registries of dams and sires and pups. They do not add any love or cuteness to a puppy whatsoever, and are therefore in my mind totally unimportant -especially- if you aren't going to breed.

You couldn't love little Remi any more if he were AKC instead of ACA.. and I doubt you're going to return him, right?

We're all very happy to hear his surgery went well and that he's back at it. Big hugs and get better soons from Winston!